Astra D 28,2

Desia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing
My Location
Sweden
Hello..!!

I live in Sweden in Småland and i wondering how large dish do i need?? i want to recive ITV,BBC and E4 and C4...

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
If you give us a more exact location than just "Småland",I think we can help you.

Reception of 2d differs a lot in Småland.

Desia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing
My Location
Sweden
Well i live in Ljungby 109 Km from Jönköping and 56km from Växjö

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Well,that's specific enough.

If you draw a straight line from Kalmar to Ljungby and follow that line from east to west,the more west you go the weaker the Astra 2d signal gets.

Vertical transponders (ITV 2,3 and 4) is normally weaker than the horisontal
transponders (ITV 1 and BBC channels on these).

I guess you would need a rather large dish but I haven't seen any reports from your specific area so I don't know what size.

I heard about a guy in Älmhult who tried 2d with a Triax 110,he got NOTHING.
One guy in Växjö with a 120 prime focus has BBC during the day but in the evening it disappears!

Can't help you more than this but you can also try:astra2d.com,click on forums.

Desia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing
My Location
Sweden
Thanxx for the help :cool:

Desia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing
My Location
Sweden
:S according to http://se.kingofsat.net/map.php?b=40 i need only a 110cm dish
that seems to be false cuz Älmhut is only 30 km from me... if 100 cm dish couldn´t make it there then i dont think it will make here also..!! but for sure do i need a 110 cm dish or what remember that i want recive channel 5,4 E4 and bbc channels..!

kitschcamp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TiVo & Sky/Astra 2D on a 1.8m Andrews dish. Canal Digital on 80cm fixed dish. DM800HD and DM500 on both dishes.
My Location
Eslöv, Skåne, Sweden
Hej! I live about 180 km to the south of you, just outside Eslöv. Looking at the reception maps, they reckon you should be fairly similar to here...

Until just before Christmas we had pretty good reception with a 2.4m dish, we even got reasonable BBC London, Scotland and Wales in the November snow. ITV Central and ITV Tyne Tees is also ok, especially the latter. BBC News 24, BBC3 and BBC4 are also ok.

FilmFour, E4, More 4 etc, are a total no-no here, and the ITV2,3,4 bouquet also are no go areas.

Channel 4 is no problem at all with even an 80cm dish.

In the high winds over New Year something happened to our dish, we think it got knocked out of shape as we did see it oscillating! Reception is now a bit more patchy for the 2D channels and we lose reception of those in heavy rain, which before was ok.

Desia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nothing
My Location
Sweden
Thanxx for the answer..!!
Well can i recive Astra 2AB and some 2D channels and hotbird 3 with a 100 cm dish??:)

kitschcamp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TiVo & Sky/Astra 2D on a 1.8m Andrews dish. Canal Digital on 80cm fixed dish. DM800HD and DM500 on both dishes.
My Location
Eslöv, Skåne, Sweden
I'm pretty certain my dish was damaged in the high winds. I'm waiting to find out if it's covered by insurance.