Astra & Eutelsat at 28 east is fta pickup in Gran Canaria possible

petediscrete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mvision hd200 combo + Technomate 5400 Super+ technomate diseqc motor+ TD110 dish
My Location
Ireland and Gran Canaria
I recently replaced an 80cm dish with a 1m Televes dish owing to a drop in signal on the Eutelsat bird.I know my timing couldn't have been worse.After mounting the dish the signal on BADR 26 east is nearly off the scale so everything is working as expected but I can get nothing on 28 east.I understand with all the chopping and changing on the Astra birds, the drop in signal on Eutelsat 28A and the overspill on signal from BADR 26 its going to be quite difficult but is there a reliable reference transponder I can use on 28 east to sort this problem.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

petediscrete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mvision hd200 combo + Technomate 5400 Super+ technomate diseqc motor+ TD110 dish
My Location
Ireland and Gran Canaria
Yes I've been following those two threads closely. Just wanted to find out a strong fta reference transponder on either Astra or Eutelsat at 28 east as I'm being swamped by signal from 26 east. The daily transponder changes on Astra and the drop in power on Eutelsat 28A is not exactly helping either.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I would have thought a 1m dish could distinguish between 28.5 and 26E. In the UK it seems to work although obviously the signal levels are the other way round!