astra19.2 east

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also technomate tm 1000 ci
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
norwich "up the city" down the ipswich
hi compleat newby hear trying to alinge dish for little old german ladie . she had digital system fitted by this chap the bolts came loose and it droped down a tadge. so i have some Q PLEASE. I LOOKED ON LYNGSAT SITE AND THERE SEEM TO BE HALF A DOZEN SATS 1C 1H 1G ECT WHICH ONES DO THE DIGITAL AND ANOLOG ARE ALL THE GERMAN CHANNELS ON ONE SAT. MY METER (WOLSEY) SEARCHES IN V AND H WHICH SETTING SHOULD I USE PLEASE HELP ME

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are several satellites, but they are co-located, so find one, you've found them all. The Wolsey should have a valid transponder set in its memory, so check on both vertical and horizontal.

PS. The analogue channels are mostly on the lower band, there are digital channels on both high and low bands.

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
thanks wolfw my meter has h and v but not high and low do i need some more equipment to set it up

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, that will be fine. :)

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
hi i set up the dish useing my wolsey meter and still picture was freezing and blocking up also high pitched beeping/squeking intermiting noise .so i gave up on the meter and ran an rf cable from the receiver to the the dish with a tv tuned to the signal strength screen built in to receiver. i then alinged the dish i had good signal strength 9 db the scale only went to 10 db and the quality was 70 percent this was the best readings i could get .but still some channels were blocking and freezing motsly channel 522 (das ereste) and up the lower channel number seemed ok .this problem hapened over night the make of the receiver is a triax dvb75 51 do you think there could be a problem with the receiver or have any one encounted any problems with this receiver .most greatfull rof any feedback

lasharratt

quiero un whippee
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500CI+, 90cm motorised by an IRTE Omiview motor, freeview.
My Location
Lancashire
the most likely problem will be the dish alignment. It may be slightly out of place. If you can see the TV from where the dish is, tune in the channel which keeps freezing and *slightly* tweak the dish until the freezing stops. Make sure not to move the dish too much as you might need to re-align the dish again if you loose the satellite.

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
would the dish need to be level because when the dish first came loose itwas twisted slightly to the left as the bracket holds the dish vertical and upright so i used a spirit level .the lnb can be twisted clockwise as you look at the dish should this be level .i thoght i just got the strongest signal possible and the dish was set up but it do not seem to be the case

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
What type of dish is this and what size? The LNB should be skewed a small amount for Astra 19.2 E, probably about 7 O'clock (assuming that you are in central UK.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
First, make sure the cable hasnt had water get into it, there should be insulating waterproof tape on the outside connection. Check both inner and outer connections, they should be tight, and both inner and outer conductors shoulc be corrosion free. Cut back and remake if they are not

While viewing one of the strong channels, put a wet towel over part of the dish until its starts blocking, then adjust the dish position of dish and LNB until the picure clears

Then remove towel

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
the cable and conections look good the lnb is at 6 oclock i wont know untill tommorow the dish make and size but its only 2 years old and its a eliptical shape like mini dish but bigger .do profesional sat installers have these problems or is there some sort of super duper sat meter that they use .because i spent 300 pounds on a meter i thought it would eliminate the need to carry a tv onto the roof ps thanks for all the help keep it coming .