Atlantic Bird 3 - Technomate TM-1600 2CI - French FTA TV Channels

urbangecko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm-1600 2ci digital receiver - Atlantic Bird 3 5West - 60cm dish
My Location
South Norfolk
Hi Rolfw - I fear I would not know how to do this - I remember when I installed my wi-fi box and in the end, I did manage but it took hours (many of them very frustrating) instead of the "few minutes plug & go online" advertised.

what cable? where to get it? how to install the software?

i appreciate it might not be for long either but despite france saying it will all be digital by the end of the year, I've been told they'll have to sort out the tiny problem of reception in remote and mountainous areas so it might not be until 2-3 years before they switch off.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I think we are probably talking at cross purposes, I would have thought that the only reason to patch the receiver would be to receive the French channels without a subscription card and it is quite easy to do, you just need a serial or null modem cable and it takes minutes.

A legitimate subscription card may well work in the receiver without any type of patching.

When I referred to the channels being short lived, I meant the ones being available via the patch.

urbangecko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Norfolk
yes i think that is what we want now - more channels... so patching would indeed be in lieu of buying a viewing card. The man who can do it tells me we would have hundreds of channels on hotbird and so, all i'd have to do is realign the dish towards hotbird. He will do it for me and give me the cable, loader, etc... and when things change, he says he would give me update cds.

it does sound a bit of hit-and-miss or a case of am i lucky or not, just like when you go to chinatown get pirated dvds, I know.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Before you spend lots of money, you need to know that theres reports circulating the all patched software will be rendered useless mid March..... (TPS encryption change)

urbangecko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Norfolk
arghhhhhh! what am I to do?

urbangecko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location