Atra 2b versus Atrsa 2d Signal

Finio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
Hampstead
I have steup a system where I can get a 45% signal on 2D but nothing on Astra 2b Noryth Beam. I am in Malaga Spain. Bit confused as to why this is?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Finio said:
I have steup a system where I can get a 45% signal on 2D but nothing on Astra 2b Noryth Beam. I am in Malaga Spain. Bit confused as to why this is?

Whilst the advertised footprints as here for 2B north may appear the same as 2D here the reality is that each transponder on each satellite can give slightly different reception in fringe areas, in some places you are lucky and others you are not. You do not say what your signal quality is on 2D nor do you say what you can see if anything as regards channels but as you only have a 1.2 mtr and the predicted footprint is some distance from you if you are recieving anything be happy

Finio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
Hampstead
I have a 1.2M dish running an Inverto Quad LNB. The 2 transponders that I have the beef with are on 2B. They are 12070 and 12034 (Channel Five). I can get 12034 for about 6 hours from midday and 12070 for 2 hours from midday.

I am based 20 miles east of Malaga in Spain. Is a bigger dish the solution as the signal is there but so very weak?

Thanks anyway

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
If you can get channel 5 you should be getting BBC & ITV fine, channel 5 reception in these parts is difficult without a 1.8M dish.:)

Finio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
My Location
Hampstead
Thanks for the response. Can you get Attheraces and Foxnews on 12070 Atra 2B as I cant!!!