Wanted Audio Cassette to CD Recorder

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
^^^^ a lot late - the tape plays, but muffled sound and speed fluctuations - ah well.....

A speed fluctuation suggests something else is at work.

Have you tried the tapes in another player, or adjusted the head alignment in this one. Do you have a demagnetiser tool ?

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
A speed fluctuation suggests something else is at work.

Have you tried the tapes in another player, or adjusted the head alignment in this one. Do you have a demagnetiser tool ?
other tapes play perfectly in this 1980 vintage cassette deck - the only one I own, and no-one I know owns a cassette player now.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You must have a neighbour nearby with an 80s / 90s car.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
From the fact other tapes play OK it would seem that the tape itself is at fault.

My experiences point to four possibilities
1 Felt pad on its metal "spring" that presses tape to head is misaligned easily spotted but requires dismantling cassette to cure
2 Tape is badly spooled -try fast forwrding to end and fully rewinding a few times
3 Cassette shell is warped - recovery is possible by transferring spools to donor shell
4 Tape is stretched - played in ailing deck with too much back tension on tape - no cure

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Can't believe I haven't noticed this one, I bought something off ebay that'd probably do just the job:

Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332347529529

TurntableCDRthing.jpg

I'd show my own pictures of it, but I'm waiting for APC to pull their finger out form their bumholes and get the thing delivered (was sent on Tuesday, on an "Overnight" service, and still hasn't arrived, even the tracking says they haven't attempted to deliver!!), but that aside, there's a cassette player on the side of it (right side looking from the front) which can have audio recorded to CD-R in the CD drive on the front, aswell as to USB memory sticks to skip the discs and go right to a portable format...

Can't comment on it's reliability, it's performance or the quality of recordings, cos APC won't let me have it!!!! The bar stewards!! :rolleyes: