Audio galaxy

R

ronsuechris

Use this site very regular for MP3s...
Haven't been able to access it for 2-3 days..anyone else having the same problems?
I thought it was my "new" firewall Zone Alarm..but even when I de-activate it I still cannot access Audio Galaxy.
Any help appreciated

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is a congestion problem with the AG server, I don't think it's anything to do with problems your end.

Rolf

PS Try KaZaa, I think it's better or Morpheus which is the same thing.

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
I use direct connect. I like this one the best.

http://www.neo-modus.com

nobbly :+

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hmmm, I'll give that a try Nobbly, I tried to download it from the site a while ago but the site was so congested I got nowhere.
I'll try again later.

Rolf

R

ronsuechris

nobbly m8...Thanks for the info on the website.....
Seems a bit complicated....I think Audio Galaxy, although it can be a bit slow..is very easy to use..

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well, finally got through to the download server, only to find it's adware, I have a real dislike of adware. I still may give it a try though, KaZaa is Adware as well but I managed to disable the Ad report via Zone Alarm. :)

Rolf

PS The Morpheus is like KaZaa and uses the same userbase and is very easy to use. The queuing system is much better than AudioGalaxy.

Rolf

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Each to there own.. I find the contents on direct connect alot better. And I wouldn't say that its hard to use. Just connect to a server and search .thats all..

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I thought you had to share at least 5GB to use Direct Connect.
Is that true?
Note: Kazaa has no such stipulation.
2old

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
I don't know what the minium share for Direct Connect is. I'm sharing 50 Gig so I can use all the servers listed.
Anyway I think that it better if your forced to share. Think about it. 1 server X 500 people all sharing 50 plus Gig. And thats only one server.

Network Statistics from their web page:

Current Number of Users Online 33427
Total Data Available 682.32 TB
Recent Peak Number Of Users 33966
Current Number of Hubs Online 651

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
all for encouraging sharing, but not all of us have that much data TO share...
5Gb is the size of my entire harddisk. I can't imagine what you've got on yours to fill up 50Gb... nor how many download dollars it took to get it there...

2old

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Hi guys
I have been using audiogalaxy since its very early beta stages and i still think it is one of the best. Napster was actually thee best but not anymore. I may be wrong but i think napster was a server and audiogalaxy is not which means it is very hard to close down.

As to direct connect. You can run direct connect as a server and/or you can just connect to a hub. A hub being someone elses hard drive. There can be over 100 people or as little as 10 people in a hub. Each hub is scripted and different rules apply to each hub you enter.
5 gigs is not a lot 2old for direct connect. To get the best out of this software you may need a really big hard drive about 40 gigs as you can fill up your hard drive very quickly. It all depends on what you want to use it for. Some hubs have moviez on mpeg such as "tomb raider" or the new harry potter etc and you usually have to agree to share so many gigabytes of data yourself in order to enter the hub. Movies take up about 650 megs a disc so you can see where your hard drive space goes if you are downloading 3 at the same time.
Other hubs though will let you enter if you only have say 5 gigs like poor 2old4this. The speed is only as fast as the server will allow. I can get anything from 4kbs a sec up to 60kbs a sec usually the average for me being about 15kbs, the swedish hubs i find to be very fast. There are hubs for pretty much everything from movies to playstation and even dare i say it s_x. The software does allow resume so if the person is in the hub later on when you return your file should resume if a slot is available. Its a good piece of software and worth persevering with as it pays dividends later but get a big drive, you will need it :)