Auf Wiedersehen Pet Actor Dies

N

net1

Actor Pat Roach, who starred in Auf Wiedersehen Pet, has died from cancer aged 67, his family has announced.

Roach played Bomber in the popular drama, which recently screened its fourth series set in Havana, Cuba.

He died during the early hours on Saturday, biographer and family friend Shirley Thompson said.

"This is to confirm the news that Pat Roach passed away at 1.20am today, Saturday 17 July, 2004, after a long struggle with cancer," a family statement said.

"It is the express wish of Pat's family that any funeral ceremony should remain private.

"We can only hope that those concerned will have the sensitivity to realise that this is not a deliberate attempt to exclude the press but rather a desire to protect his family.

"Following the funeral a detailed account of the ceremony will be made available."

Laura Mackie, BBC Head of Drama Serials, said: "Pat made a fantastic contribution to Auf Wiedersehen, Pet over the years and he created a much loved character in the gentle giant, Bomber.

"Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time."

Franc Roddam, creator and executive producer of the show said the news would be a "huge blow" for everyone involved in the production.

"Pat was a wonderful, wise and gentle man much loved by all the series' other actors and we're all devastated by his death.

"This really is Auf Wiedersehen, Pat."

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Of course we all forget that he was also a very successful wrestler in the days of Jackie Pallo and Mick McManus, the Royal Brothers and Kendo Nagasaki, etc etc.

Sad loss, as I believe he was a real gentle giant.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
What a shame, as you say Rolf a real gentle giant and gentleman, the world is surely a poorer place.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
i liked bomber in auf wiedersehn pet,and yes he was a professional wrestler.He can be seen on the wrestling channel sky 427 or on eurobird during repeats of "world of sport"

TWAG

Lord Byron

Reaction score
The funniest thing about this actor was his ability to play so many different roles. I once saw him play a mature content heavy in a prison drama.

HE WAS SCARY AS SH*T! :eek:

LB.:)