Australian brothel trades on stock exchange

N

net1

Shares in a brothel have almost doubled in value after it began trading on the Australian Stock Exchange.

The Daily Planet, the country's first publicly listed brothel, received some promotional help from former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss.

"How can you go wrong with s_x?" said Fleiss, while visiting Melbourne for the launch.

Shares at The Daily Planet were offered at A$0.50 cents each, and opened 40% higher at A$0.70. By late trading, shares were up 90% to A$0.95.

Chief Executive Andrew Harris said the Melbourne-based brothel, which opened in 1975, raised A$3.5 in its initial public offering - with one of the 600 new shareholders forking out A$1 million.

Mr Harris said the company plans to franchise the business in other Australian cities, and build a mega brothel in Sydney.

Fleiss made international headlines several years ago when investigators accused her of arranging liaisons with ladies of the night for a number of Hollywood celebrities and other jet-setters.

She was released from prison in 1999 after serving 21 months for money laundering, tax evasion and attempted pandering, and is now contracted to help The Daily Planet develop business ideas.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "More bang for your buck" :)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
No doubt CH and OS are authorities on the 'Hot Big Bang'. :)