Austria’s TV6 must encrypt

N

net1

Austrian ‘adult’ channel TV6 will not be able to continue screening its controversial hardcore mature content programmes free-to-air to DTH households throughout Europe. The local government has now passed a revision of the domestic media law that closes the loophole used by the broadcaster to screen mature content each night between 23.00 and 06.00 CET unencrypted. The only precondition has been to either warn viewers by an announcement which was read out before the programmes started or by an on-screen message shown during the entire broadcast. TV6 has been carrying nightly live footage of on-stage s_x from a night club in the Austrian town of Linz while the daytime hours are filled with phone-in quiz shows and erotic video-clips. According to the revised media law, TV channels “mainly devoted to the screening of sexual acts must encrypt their signal”. The change, which comes into force on October 1, means that TV6 will either have to adopt an encryption system or remove the mature content scenes from its schedule.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Damn, missed it , only two months to go :)

randel45

Reaction score
Is this channel still broadcasting and if so was frequency etc..
Thanks.

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
It's also on astra 19.2 12610V 22000 5/6

randel45

Reaction score
Has it removed the mature content scenes from its schedule? All I see after 11 are those same game shows that are on during the day

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
randel45 said:
Has it removed the mature content scenes from its schedule? All I see after 11 are those same game shows that are on during the day

No they are still there. Seems to alternate between mature content and the game shows and telephone s_x adverts.

The hardcore they do show is not very good though.