Auto updating of cards

G

Gazzah

Is it possible to program a pic card so that it automatically updates with the new monthly seca codes?

C

cdec

Yes it is possible, you need to extract the MK code and PPUA from an original working card however. Use a program called MKFIND to extract the codes, software can be found at ondig.co.uk

N

NOVICE

Cdec,
I've got a Mediaguard card which runs on an Aston Seca CAM V1.04 for about a week short of two months before I have to get it rebooted/updated. Do you know if this is autoupdating or if it just means the files on it run with keys suitable for two months? They work everything in Mediaguard on Astra and Hotbird.

C

cdec

Sorry Novice am not that much of an expert, beginning on the trail myself. Lets hope one of the other guys knows some answers. Would probably help me too.

regards,

cdec

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you time it right a card can last for close to two months, as the codes for the next month are very often available at the beginning of the month before.

Rolf

N

NOVICE

Cheers Rolf, that explains a lot. Presumably you only have to load the pic file for the second month cos' the eeprom doesn't change that often. Do you know if there's any way to load the monthly codes via a remote for Seca (a la ITV Digital) or will I will always have to update with a programmer?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't have any experience of that side I'm afraid, as I use a PC Card receiver which does not have a remote. I'm sure however that it is possible depending on which files you use.

rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
It is the eeprom file which changes, not the pic. Think of it this way - the eeprom (eg 24c16)holds the keys, the pic (eg 16f84) holds the program.

And yes, some program files (ie "hex" files for PICs) DO allow for remote updating of keys. Those that do are clearly marked as such either at the downlooad site or in the associated readme.

2old