Auto updating receivers

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
NO need to search for the website, software, keys and the procedure for updating your receiver(ST:cool:.
Get an auto-updating receiver, connect it to your LNBs (from the dish of course). Also connect it to your DSL Router (like you connect your PC to your router). It updates its software AND keys by downloading it from the net. The ‘FUN’ part is that you are able to watch not only the ‘free to air’ channels but also the ‘scrambled channels’.
The currently popular receivers available in the middle east market (sold SECRETLY) that 'self update' from the net are Maxx 1000, Axe 1000, StarX, Linksat and Dreambox. The price range is between US$ 160 and US$ 200 (The 'Paid Packages' that I could watch 'without payment' included most of those from NILESAT and HOTBIRD. The only ones that didn't decipher on my STB (MAXX 1000) were Playboy and Privatespice. All others that I could watch were MCT, CYFRA, FREEX, NOVA, PEHLA, RTVi, ARABESQUE, AL-JAZEERA, SHOWTIME, TUNER, TV Carbo & Zee. No scrambled channels from Asiasat or Intelsat (both C-band!) 'opened'.
Unfortunately, starting June 24,2008 (Tuesday) they stopped auto updating software and their keys, so NO MORE free viewing of the 'previously deciphered' scrambled channels. (Dreambox is the only one STILL auto-updating through download and opening all the channels which the other STBs are now failing to do). We are hoping these receivers will start their auto-update on Friday (27th June 2008), cos the server is updating, whatever THAT means, in THIS case! If the auto-update fails after the ‘mentioned date’ the users might have to register WITH PAYMENT (about US$50) for a specified period of 4 to 6months. The strange, but interesting fact about these receivers is that their user’s manuals mention NOTHING about the DSL connection, auto-update, or even their ability to decipher scrambled channels. More interesting is the fact that; ‘their DSL input SLOTS’ are hidden with a sticker to conceal their existence! Why? Wouldn’t this ADVERTISEMENT fetch them more money? Or, maybe they are just ILLEGAL!

atifad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maxx 1000
My Location
uae
Hello,

Can you tell me what's the web site to buy the subscription as the autoupdate is still not up. Also, i have read from another thread that EU server is down but there are other servers which are working. Any ideas how to change the server setting.

Regards

slmsmy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MAXX 1000
My Location
Saudi Arabia
I have the same problem, pecause the server is down.
and I`am still searching for sulution or any other servers settings.
Could you guys tell us sothing about this subject.

Many thanks.
slmsmy 28th June, 2008
;)

Seberto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Axe1000
My Location
Qatar
guys I just got AXE1000 from UAE am living in Qatar , all channles on nile Sat are open even the one with $ sign but the one's in $ sign on Hotbird are all not working , the other channles on Hotbird are working , any idea why? appreciate your help

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
Still looking for servers; I guess they are afraid of being closed down permanently. I'll update here, as and when something turns up. Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best !

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
Good news! These receivers are all auto-updating again since about 7pm GMT (July 6, 2008). There is still some waiting involved though, as the HOTBIRD channels are still not deciphered, however, the NILESAT 'paid packages' are mostly opening. Anyway, atleast all of those out there who invested in these receivers will atleast get something their money's worth!
I would suggest, 'wait a little longer'!
Good Luck

slmsmy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MAXX 1000
My Location
Saudi Arabia
:) THANKS digital2
I noticed that today afternoon when I check it.:cool:
thanks again

slmsmy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MAXX 1000
My Location
Saudi Arabia
I`ll be waiting

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
A software update 'patch' was released on July 8,2008 afternoon; BUT updating it, got all the PACKAGES I had on my list to disappear! I've got only 4 Packages (ART,PEHLA,NILESAT,SHOWTIME) remaining from the initial list of over 13; maybe 13 was unlucky number after all! Actually only the Nilesat channels are 'unscrambled' and NO luck with any of the hotbird channels yet!
If some of you are still facing problems with the Nilesat channels, do the following:-
Menu>Internet>Put all the connections ON (Select: ON,ON,OK,OK)> Restart the receiver> Put on some encrypted channel from Nilesat and leave it there for about 5minutes. It should do the job; if not, do the following:-
Menu>Internet>Put all the connections ON (Select: ON,ON,OK,OK)> Select S/W upgrade>OK>Start download>OK>Software Upgrades(Receiver will download the patch and reboot)
Now again Menu>Internet>Put all the connections ON (Select: ON,ON,OK,OK)> Select S/W upgrade>OK> Select 'start Key download'>OK>Key downloads and the receiver reboots(restarts). Put on some encrypted channel from the Nilesat and leave it there.

Good Luck!

slmsmy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MAXX 1000
My Location
Saudi Arabia
;) Many thanks Digital2 for the effort and the advices,
My MAXX 1000 is doing fine as you said for nilesat:):):)

Thank u again.

slmsmy.

slmsmy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MAXX 1000
My Location
Saudi Arabia
HI,

Sorry to say that but it sames to me Maxx 1000 again has the same problem for connnecting to the server !!!!)(-red

any idea or solution ?????'O'

slmsmy

17 July, 2008

klisss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I HAVE SKY 1A RECEIVER I WANT TO UPGRADE THE SOFTWARE
My Location
SAUDI ARABIA
Hi all linnksat 9000 is not even downloading upgrade, no $ mark chanells acess on hotbird/nilesat, ay one have any idea why this happening @ how to resolve.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
klisss said:
Hi all linnksat 9000 is not even downloading upgrade, no $ mark chanells acess on hotbird/nilesat, ay one have any idea why this happening @ how to resolve.

The idea of a forum is that you read what is written had you bothered to read the last post in the thread you posted this on the reason would have been obvious, according to that post there is no solution apart from patienceU-zzz

nileking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I set up Linksat ls900 receivers.
My Location
Sudan
Hi guys,

Linksat 900 since 1 week stopped working and no updates or connection to server. If anyone have any knowledge of when restarting please reply.

nileking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I set up Linksat ls900 receivers.
My Location
Sudan
Hi digital,

Any idea why linksat stopped working recently..

Eagledsage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400Z
My Location
Malta
For those who are new to this thread or to forums all together, I will give a short update on the recent Linksat, Maxx and various other similar auto updating receivers.

The reason why our access to encrypted channels is scrambled is because the main server which sends us all needed info is down. This can be due to two main reasons.

1. Either the change of place of the server itself.

2. Or the introduction of a number of new servers to support the load of receivers.

There are various different versions about if the service will come back, but it is highly expected to do so. Regarding when, that is an other issue. The longest expected is about 2 wks, till Sunday 27 th, however a source close to the technicians said on an other forum that service should return to normal by Tue 22nd.

Let's Hope, Wait and See.

Regards and Take Care.

Eagledsage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400Z
My Location
Malta
Some People are trying out a newcamd option. If anyone successfully accomplishes this pls share.

Regards.

virleo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite
My Location
Kuwait
Hi,

May I know which model for dreambox or any brand that you think that is available here in Kuwait so that I can also experience the benefit of this updates freely?

Many thanks,
SSC

maxx1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
maxx1000
My Location
Kuwait
Digital2 said:
A software update 'patch' was released on July 8,2008 afternoon; BUT updating it, got all the PACKAGES I had on my list to disappear! I've got only 4 Packages (ART,PEHLA,NILESAT,SHOWTIME) remaining from the initial list of over 13; maybe 13 was unlucky number after all! Actually only the Nilesat channels are 'unscrambled' and NO luck with any of the hotbird channels yet!
If some of you are still facing problems with the Nilesat channels, do the following:-
Menu>Internet>Put all the connections ON (Select: ON,ON,OK,OK)> Restart the receiver> Put on some encrypted channel from Nilesat and leave it there for about 5minutes. It should do the job; if not, do the following:-
Menu>Internet>Put all the connections ON (Select: ON,ON,OK,OK)> Select S/W upgrade>OK>Start download>OK>Software Upgrades(Receiver will download the patch and reboot)
Now again Menu>Internet>Put all the connections ON (Select: ON,ON,OK,OK)> Select S/W upgrade>OK> Select 'start Key download'>OK>Key downloads and the receiver reboots(restarts). Put on some encrypted channel from the Nilesat and leave it there.

Good Luck!

This is great in case there is connection to server. Since server is down so this solution will be useless :-rofl2