autosoulsearching on a DM600. And wheres hellassat?!

rexmundo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish with Motor.
DM600PVR
Gemini 430

Using Wireless bridge and
PopCornHour A-100
My Location
UK
Hiya,

I got my DM600pvr yestarday from satstore so assuming its not a clone! Looks legit but for the price (£200) I bloody hope it is (Though I think there are no 600 clones)

Anyways problem is that I tried to tune it.

I can "lock" on satellites and save the position etc. But when I try to autosearch the transponder it hangs.. I left it on for an hour and it didnt do anything, no ETA time, no progress in bar.. zilch. Manual transponder searching works fine.
I suggest that you delete all the channels (might be easy to just do a new setup and do the scanning. Uncheck FTA only.
Start with the Hellas first and see what happens.
There is a limit on the number of channels that can be stored, check the number in the manual. If you exceed this number, then this might explain why it hanged.

Also, I cant get it to lock on Hellas sat. But the IRCI5400 humax that it replaced could "see" it fine. Has this got a weaker tuner?!

thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You haven't given any information about the image on the receiver, try installing Gemini and try again. :) The tuner is not the most sensitive on the Dreambox range, but it isn't that bad either. :)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Sorry, I seem to have deleted the o/p original post.
Is it possible to paste it back?

If it is still hanging, then just pull the power cord, wait few minutes and then plug it in and see what happens.
I suggest that you delete all the channels (might be easy to just do a new setup and do the scanning. Uncheck FTA only.
Start with the Hellas first and see what happens.
There is a limit on the number of channels that can be stored, check the number in the manual. If you exceed this number, then this might explain why it hanged.

I am assuming that the box has the original image (firmware) in it.
You can check the firmware version by going to Setup > Information >About (or something like that, as I am at work now)
It would be better not to start messing about with other images for the time being, as this would invalidate the warranty, until you are absolutely sure that it is working well.
So it is good that you are trying to discover if all the features are there.

We had reports that the tuner is not as sensetive as other receivers.
Good Luck

rexmundo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish with Motor.
DM600PVR
Gemini 430

PopCornHour A-100
My Location
UK
Hi
Thanks for the comments.
I have restored my original post!

When I say that it hangs.. the box doesnt die, the screen just sits there for an hour doing nothing. I can still exit that screen.

I am thinking of deleting all satellite/transponder information and just adding the ones I want manually.

The firmware is original. Box has only been running for a couple of hours.
There arent any channels to delete. The box is empty.

It "hangs" when I try to do an automatic search of a transponder (not even multisat one)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Although the UK appears to be inside the footprint I couldn't scan 39E on my 500s; how big is your dish?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
rexmundo said:
Hi
Thanks for the comments.
I have restored my original post!

When I say that it hangs.. the box doesnt die, the screen just sits there for an hour doing nothing. I can still exit that screen.

I am thinking of deleting all satellite/transponder information and just adding the ones I want manually.

The firmware is original. Box has only been running for a couple of hours.
There arent any channels to delete. The box is empty.

It "hangs" when I try to do an automatic search of a transponder (not even multisat one)

Thanks for the restoration job. My apologies again. :)
Can you tell us something about your system: Dish size, pointing to which satellite, distance between dish and receiver?
Have you got a motor? How do you know when your are aiming at Hellas?
The behaviour of box is abnormal.
Try again to make a new setup and scan. If you get the same result, call the supplier and tell him that you want another box.

rexmundo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish with Motor.
DM600PVR
Gemini 430

PopCornHour A-100
My Location
UK
Hi,

Dish is a 1 meter with a motor, and 0,3db LNB. Length of cable from dish to receiver is 15-20meters or so. You can get 39E and even 42E (turksat) from manchester.

The same wire attached to a humax can pick up HellasSat but DM600 cannot pick it up. I managed to tune in hotbird, 19E, 28E and even one @ 31E (turksat I think). From that, and moving to the east, I couldnt lock anything past that. (though I can with the humax).

I cant autoscan any transponder.. i tried hotbird and 19E one (forgot the name).
I dont use "goto". I instead save the locations and scan manually until I get a lock.

Do other images use their own code to use scans or does everyone use the same underlying firmware?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
rexmundo said:
Hi,

Dish is a 1 meter with a motor, and 0,3db LNB. Length of cable from dish to receiver is 15-20meters or so. You can get 39E and even 42E (turksat) from manchester.

The same wire attached to a humax can pick up HellasSat but DM600 cannot pick it up. I managed to tune in hotbird, 19E, 28E and even one @ 31E (turksat I think). From that, and moving to the east, I couldnt lock anything past that. (though I can with the humax).

I cant autoscan any transponder.. i tried hotbird and 19E one (forgot the name).
I dont use "goto". I instead save the locations and scan manually until I get a lock.

Do other images use their own code to use scans or does everyone use the same underlying firmware?

Good.
Autoscan should be available with the original image (firmware).
Try to point to Hellas without the motor and see if you can add channels manually.
It is too early to mess up with new images and would invalidate warranty. Suggest to send it back and ask for a new one.
You might get lucky and have a better tuner.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I can't get a lock on 39E with a 7020- as already mentioned the Dreambox tuner isn't the strongest and is probably why you can't get any channels.

rexmundo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish with Motor.
DM600PVR
Gemini 430

PopCornHour A-100
My Location
UK
Thanks guys for the comments.. all resolved now!
The autoscan just.... started to work after a reboot!!
As for the HellasSat, the problem is that all the preset transponders in the dreambox are wrong so you can never lock on it!
When I put in a valid transponder (12524/30000,5/6) I got it very easily. Picture quality is not bad... I think its better than the humax.
LOADS more questions for which I'll read the idiots guide, however there is a fundamental one I wanted to ask now... so plugins such as gbox and ccam only work with gemini etc or can I install them for the default out-of-the-box firmware?
thanks again

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Good.
If you are happy with your box and think it is not going back to the store, it is probably time to start experimenting.
Plugins can only be added to the Gemini image.
Setup a router and internet connection to make your life easier.