axas pft

Hi there all,
Have been happily reading the forum and it just confirms my lack of sat savvy
I have a receiver called an AXAS PFT BOX and since the TPS and Cabo went down at end of October have been trying to read how to fix this damage.
I have two dishes one for Hispasat and one Toroidal for Hotbird, Astra 19 and Astra 28.
The CAM in my receiver is embedded and apparently is called K-editor
When i look at system settings in the menu of the receiver all i find is
Hardware ver: 0.1
Software: 1.24 (1.2.2)
Bootloader: 1.04
I have an RS232 port on the back of the receiver and there is a slot on the front (although i never had a card and TPS and Cabo worked for 8 months just by changing keys).
I read that it is possible to change the module on an embedded CAM - to do this do i just need an RS232 modem cable and a portable PC?

Anyone got any idea - i made searches all over for the receiver and K-editor but all i find is offers of it for sale.
the receiver allows me to get NAGRA, VIACCESS, SECA and IRDETO - but with BBC on Astra FTA - what i am really interested in is TPS and CABO (girlfriend is Portuguese).

THANKS to anyone who can shed some light...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look on the Duolabs site, some of these embedded CAMs can be udated using a CAS interface, but you can probably also do it by serial port. Will move this to Receiver Software section, as you are likely to get a better answer there.

rolfw said:
Have a look on the Duolabs site, some of these embedded CAMs can be udated using a CAS interface, but you can probably also do it by serial port. Will move this to Receiver Software section, as you are likely to get a better answer there.
if done thru a serial port - i guess i need a 9pin modem cable - but what sort of PC software would U recommend?

cheers for any help..