AXAS2 CAM decrypts limited channels

petchletch

Reaction score
Please help 'cos my heads gonna explode ........please??
Technomate 5500CIP, AXAS2 CAM (Matrix Reloaded clone) running MR v1.055 loaded for VIACCESS, SECA, IRDETO and NAGRAVISION and a Galaxy3 (Funcard 5) with IRDETO so the receiver tells me.
I looked at the CAS keys for MR v1.055 from the setup menu edit CAS Keys and checked with keycodes on the web to check the keys are up todate - which they seem to be. I can edit keys from the remote.

Being new I just pointed the 1.4 single LNB at Astra 19.2E switched on the Technomate with CAM & Funcard inserted to see what I got.
Managed to watch MTV & VH1 channels and Motors2 as well as FTA.

Then pointed at Hotbird 13.0E and got BBC Prime (Viaccess), VH1 (Viaccess after a bit) and some other Viaccess stuff plus FTA.

Questions.
For some reason I cannot receive Eurosport or MTV on HotBird (Viaccess although the key codes are correct)
For some reason I cannot receive any SECA channels.
For some reason I cannot receive VIACCESS BBC Prime etc without the Funcard5 inserted.

I saw on the web
- should have set receiver to FTA channel (no CAM or CARD), switch off, insert CAM (no card), switch on, goto set-up menu, goto "set default key" (this puts CAM in learning mode), select scrambled channel Eurosport, wait till decoded and thats it.

Did all that. Well nothing changed! (for me anyway)O-no
Is the fact that I initially put the CAM and Funcard in together that caused a decoding problem?

Hope this explains some stuff to others as well as getting my questions answered.
Thanks