Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish
Tethys Monoblock
Axil AD605 Receiver
My Location
Belgium
Help!!

I deleted all the preprogrammed channels from my Axil AD605 and now it is frozen. I kept the satellite info, only deleted the channels.

Now it shows "0" (zero) on the box and the TV picture area stays black and the "info" block at the bottom shows:

0003 Mute 00:00
yyyyyyyyyyyy 65535 MHz 65535 KSps
TV 00:00-00:00 ...

That stays on the screen. It does not disappear like it would in normal operation.

No response to the front keys. No response to the remote.

After power up the box shows ---- and the TV shows the orange logo screen but after a few seconds it reverts to the above frozen state.

Seems like the d*mned thing doesn't work if it has no programmed channels 'O'-red.

Does anyone know how I can get back the factory defaults?

The procedure in the manual is useless because it depends on acessing the menu using the remote -- but there is no response to the remote ...

:-((

Sixty9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish
Tethys Monoblock
Axil AD605 Receiver
My Location
Belgium
The guy from the store came round to look at the problem today.

His conclusion:
Either you screwed up trying to upgrade the firmware or you powered down while the box was updating flash.

I can honestly say that although I have every intention of exploring the firmware and other serial port options at some stage, that is not what caused the problem.

Killing the power at the wrong time is probably what did it. The box takes ages to exit a menu sometimes, so I have to admit that I got impatient more than once and powered down. I should know better :-doh!

Anyway, he replaced the box for a €20 call-out fee.

If you are in Belgium I can definitely recommend the dealer:
Marpet Satshop in Oudenaarde (http://www.satellietontvangst.be/).

In future I will be patient -- very patient -- with my new box. When the screen says "Wait" ...
... I will wait!

I still don't know if there is a way to make the old box rocover, but that is no longer my problem.
;)