Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Bit of a long shot here but we have folks from all over the world watching thousands of channels ever day.

Can anyone remember ever seeing any tv channels showing really old black & white episodes of Doctor Who (Hartnell / Troughton era) in the last 10 years or so??

If so which channels / which countries??

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I certainly remember them on the Beeb just before they started the new DW series with Christopher Eccleston. I hink they were on BBC2 and I tried to record them on videotape (!), which shows how long ago it was.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
1W, and 5E, TV4 Sci Fi used to show them, but that's now been discontinued, TV4 Gold is showing the Peter Davison series, probably followed by the Sylvester McCoy, then maybe they'll start showing it from the beginning.
Unfortunately a lot of episodes were lost, thrown away, by the BBC, but Doctor Who fans have been trying to get hold of them.
I did come across a website:
www.combom.co.uk/2009/03/watch-all-doctor-who-william-hartnell.html

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Mickha said:
1W, and 5E, TV4 Sci Fi used to show them, but that's now been discontinued, TV4 Gold is showing the Peter Davison series, probably followed by the Sylvester McCoy, then maybe they'll start showing it from the beginning.
Unfortunately a lot of episodes were lost, thrown away, by the BBC, but Doctor Who fans have been trying to get hold of them.
I did come across a website:
www.combom.co.uk/2009/03/watch-all-doctor-who-william-hartnell.html
106 episodes missing as things stand, :(