BA Traffic in the UK - Bank Holiday

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Has anyone been tracking the flight detail out of Heathrow/Gatwick and other this morning ?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
It should be British airways only that is at a standstill, though the plane taxi routes, and the passengers stuck in the terminals is going to cause trouble with other airlines.

It looks like a similar situation for Gatwick South but thankfully BA moved out of the North terminal a few months back leaving it relatively clear. Nevertheless the roads around the airport are congested with many looking for alternative airlines because of the cancellations. Nobody really wants to stay on the terminal floor in to the evening.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
That's the one, but it would be useful to know if there has been onward disruption to other airlines owing to grounded planes at airports.

Information is scarce on the usual news sites, I was hoping that someone here could verify a dropoff in the air with their home build scanning systems

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
BA have just announced cancelling all flights for the rest of the day, though they suggest this is Heathrow/Gatwick only . Strange that the IT glitch is global but they are localising the departure stoppages. Earlier the evening flights were due to go ahead.

So, lots of people stuck at airports and starting holidays at least a day later, if the system is fixed of course and the backlog gets cleared.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
PSU failure :eek:

Expensive for the people with the contract, unless it's an act of an insurance god of course.....