www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
For the last few days my Dreambox has lost all signal strength.

This happened once before but after a dry spell it all kicked back in again and functioned as normal.

This time however I don't appear to be as lucky.

What's the best way of drying out a motorised satellite setup ?
It's very high up and I was wondering if there is a way that I could set it up on the arc on the ground and then mount it onto its pole again.

Is this possible ?

The setup was only temporary just over xmas and it was only able to get Hotbird.

The motor makes a noise but does not turn and the pole keeps shocking me This is what you get when you enlist the help of a shoddy satellite installer who takes your money and runs. I had to buy ladders and a satellite meter myself so I could try and sort this mess out.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very welcome

My setup is

Dreambox 7000s 120gb hdd + dream keyboard
(keyboard for sale, if interested post your offers)

80 cm polycarbonate dish with 0.3 lnb
Attached to house just above roof so it clears it with a t & k bracket and galvonised pole.

Hairybathplug

Reaction score
What type of motor is it M8,
The a H-H type motor has to face south on the pole, the elevation ajustment on the motor is already setup and declination of the dish will be set, so it it just a case of marking everything with a crayon before taking it down or apart.
Hope this helps HBP.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
This is what I would do.

I'd make up a new patch lead to go from the motor to the LNB, and make it just a bit longer than I needed it (to be sure it'll fit). I'd use the best cable I could find.

I'd get hold of a roll of self-amalgamating tape. The proper stuff, not PVC tape or ant other rubbish.

I'd then get hold of some other half decent digital coax and stick an F connector on one end.

In dry weather, climb up to the motor and replace the patch lead. Dry the sockets with some kitchen towel or something (even a hairdryer, but don't quote me - I have a very good lawyer). Tape up the joints with the self-amalgamating tape. Remove the main coax from the motor. Dry the end of the coax and the socket as best you can. Screw in the new coax and tape it up. Pull the old coax off the wall or whatever, and hang the end upside down out of the way where it can dry out over time. You'll have to let it breathe, and capilliary action will play it's part, so if you can get the end into the house, all the better.

Run the temporary coax into your receiver, and terminate with an F connector at the right length.

Wait for the old coax to dry out, and then re-connect it with some proper tape.

It's unlikely that your motor or LNB will have any water in them. More likely a short on the coax.

Well, that was an epic... even by my standards!

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W