RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Hi all! I've seen 1.2m dish and picture of 0.9m dish from B&O. No, I do not want any of them as they are made of metal. But just question of interest: Are they made by B&O or made by some company for B&O? 90cm.jpg120cm.jpg

RustySpoons

Sleepy Hollow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50E - 30W
2x CM 1.2m Polar Mount/Jack
65E- 65W
Gibertini 1m OP100 - STAB HH100 - Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 Twin
Mutant HD51
Edision Primo IP S2
Dreambox DM800HD
Venton Unibox HD2
Sony Bravia 55" 4K
My Location
South Wales
I have no idea, so can't answer that. But I do like the look of them!
The 2nd one, has circular fixings through the dish, I take it that one is polar mount?

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
I take it that one is polar mount?
TBH, I do not remember. I was not interested in that dish (did not even ask for a price), and that was ~3 years ago. Most likely the dish is gone to another user or scrapped.

A

archive10

Hi all! I've seen 1.2m dish and picture of 0.9m dish from B&O. No, I do not want any of them as they are made of metal. But just question of interest: Are they made by B&O or made by some company for B&O?
The 1.2m is AFAIR a prime focus made by Triax (possibly a rebadged 2120). I think there was a 1m as well.
It had a polar mount, yes, as it was from the time of the analogue sats (often manual adjustment of Azimuth).
I have a 2140 w. polarmount, you can see the polarmount clearly here: Triax 2140 prime focus aluminium antenna w. polar mount

There is a smaller polar mount that looks a lot like it, but with less metal:

TriaxPolarMount_smaller.jpg

The offset ones I am not sure where B&O got made, but I am quite certain they didn't manufacture them themselves (just like their GBP3000 TVs were made largely by Philips). I would guess that they were made by Triax as well, but they are very different from the rest of the Triax range, and could therefore also be from any other manufacturer of (slightly) smaller offset metal dishes.

BandO_dish.jpg

I have also seen quite a unique smallish B&O prime focus dish (guessing 80cm) with only one feed-holder just like an offset dish - not sure where this came from, but I have only ever seen two, so probably quite rare...