j.m.

Sorry I'm a bit Dim
Reaction score
Website
www.thomsonsecurity.com
My Location
NW UK (Lancashire)
Gotta Zone 2 dish with a Thomson single LNB 0.6 whatsits
& the signal strenth shows 2/3 (Same wiv the quality)

Just changed the LNB to a Cambridge Quad 0.6 whatsits too,
& the signal has dropped to 50% (Both readings) WTF is that all about ?

rolleyes.gif

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Could you have moved the dish very slightly when installing the LNB?

However what’s more likely is that either the skew is slightly off, or the additional weight of the quad LNB is pulling the dish arm down slightly more than the single one and so the LNB is slightly too low.

You could start by adjusting the skew slightly (as it’s the easiest to adjust) and if you still don’t get much of an improvement it may be the height of the LNB.

Also remember that different makes and models of LNBs wont produce exactly the same result, so don’t aim to get exactly the same readings as before, but you should be getting something more similar than what you have now.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This new Thompson LNB appears to produce excellent signal readings (if it is the cylindrical style), up to 10% better than the standard. Was producing 72db on the meter where a normal one would be in the mid 60s on a standard minidish.

j.m.

Sorry I'm a bit Dim
Reaction score
Website
www.thomsonsecurity.com
My Location
NW UK (Lancashire)
Yeah that thomson jobby has just gone on my bro's 42cm channel master It sucked a passing jet out of the sky.......... Should have a warning on those...:D

Left my meter @ his house again, so my lil problem Is gonna have to wait :rolleyes: