Banners

leonardwolk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
none
Well, is this site running so bad that you need more banners? if this is the case, why did you put it on the top so I have to look at it all the time. At least you should get the banners changing more often.

The human face on the one which says "Domain Names from 9p" distracts me all the time, it is really scary. I have been watching it for days.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Leonard, is this a sign of diminishing attention spans? I hadn't even noticed it, but perhaps I'm more interested in the forum content.

With regard to the finances of the forum, how do you think it is done? There was an option at the bottom of every page for members to contribute, but with little or no response, it has been left to Chris to foot the bill.

I'm quite happy with any banners that may appear, as long as they're not popups and don't take up most of the page, I think that they are the lesser of several evils.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Why not put a piece of folding black card onto the top of the monitor and position it so that it cuts the top two inches off, then the banners disappear behind the card

Simple really, letterboxing for nowt

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Or just mess around with the buttons on the bottom of the monitor so that it stretches off the top and bottom.

Or get ZA Pro and check an option box...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I must confess that I really don't have aproblem with it, as I said, didn't even notice it particularly. I tried using the ZAPro banner stopper, but had to stop using it, it seemed to disable a few sites.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Guys,

I'm looking to register a domain name, the trouble is I've only got about 10p to spend. Any pointers would be a real help.

Thanks,

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire