Bar MERLIN (HISAT) Cam

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Bar MERLIN (HISAT) Cam

Any info would be nice
I have onebut back-up is not available
DONT BUY unless you are told how to add files or which files work with this card!
Be warned
Tiggy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just checked on Lefdata Tiggy, it would appear to be a black Ice clone, so any files working with the Black Ice should work with the Merlin.

Looks like a 6 in 1 fun file should produce results, should also work with the autoroll Nagra cards. See HERE

Tiggy

Reaction score
Many thanks,
Back-up from Hisat is non-existant.
Have treated like joker with not much success.
Tiggy

H_SAT

Reaction score
My Location
BRISTOL UK
Tiggy said:
Many thanks,
Back-up from Hisat is non-existant.
Have treated like joker with not much success.
Tiggy
I can prove back-up from HISAT is Good but you can't prove it isn't - as this post was sometime ago and I knew nothing about it - I'm sure you're now sorted but I'm amazed anyone could think we couldn't or wouldn't help them with a CAM or any other type of problem with equipment purchased from us

Tiggy

Reaction score
It would apear that HISAT have now dropped this cam from their sales items as well as never ever giving any back-up to purchasers. When my (ahem) Merlin cam went down they took about six weeks to replace the cam then sent one marked as skycrypt. This will not update from version 0.78 to any version with any updating hardware and as their website does not support the hardware that they sell with any software updates I would personally not buy again from HISAT UK.
Whilst they are happy to output the material they seem to be short on after-service.

( ({}) Tony Hiscox ({}) , please contact me directly if you think that you can offer me a better service than the one that you have supplied so far, I will be happy to update this board with your actions!!!).

Yours Tiggy,

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I doubt you will get a response , maybe you should disguise the part about wishing money back

H_SAT

Reaction score
My Location
BRISTOL UK
*tiggy, I hardly ever visit this Forum but I'm amazed at your critism of our service given that we do warranty (MERLIN/JOKER/ICE/SKYCRYPT/ZETA) Cams

everyone who reads forums knows how to update the Joker modules and I have hundreds of Happy clients who have bought the Merlin - now it's possible that something went wrong for you I don't know your real name but we have a returns policy - so if you needed to return your CAM I can always track what went on because I keep a record of every item returned - what was wrong etc. etc.

If you still have a problem with our service why not talk to us direct - we have not "dropped the MERLIN" we simply supply the ZETA (Same Hardware) instead

It's true that for legal reasons we don't put some software in the public arena - after all I don't know whether some software is licenced but we do help people on the phone to help themselves - we also make a clear distiction between selling Hardware and selling software (the later we don't do) - please call me if you still need help - and Happy Christmas