bargain second hand big dishes for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

archive10

Some guy trying to sell this in the North.
Nto sure he's ever tried it - even at a glance you can see that it's value is close to zero.
Not only is the dish clearly bent (and has dents in the surface), but the curently fited universal (as in non-PF) LNB does NOT point to the centre of the dish.

Don't think there'll be many takers...
c49f-3bdc-473a-8dcf-d48713885f38.jpg

http://www.dba.dk/parabol-parabol-prime-focus/id-1015500354/

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Yes, sure, mirror goes directly to the scrap-yard, but polar-mount could be used, as well as LNB ( I think it is GI-209P, LNB for PFA ;)), they could be used. So, I would still say it costs something less than 20 EUR if no transportation costs added.

A

archive10

Yes, sure, mirror goes directly to the scrap-yard, but polar-mount could be used, as well as LNB ( I think it is GI-209P, LNB for PFA ;)), they could be used. So, I would still say it costs something less than 20 EUR if no transportation costs added.
You are right.
But it's difficult to see the merits of the polar mount.
Not enough detail...

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
...but the dish is still bent!
no doubt, dish is sh*t and has no use except for making some final fireplace. There is certainly PM, and does not matter what exactly is type of it, it could be re-used.

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
291454468091 1.8m CM i think but seller states the breeze blocks, feed arms,clamp and lnb are not for sale! just the face,nprm and az-el. maybe a bargain for someone

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Nice but odd that he's not selling arms...

Edit: I mailed the guy and he basically said that they "lost" the side arms. Yes, I could make some but would really prefer the originals. Annoying, as it's not far from me either.

Last edited:

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Go for it Alex, I will make you the arms :),

A

archive10

I mailed the guy and he basically said that they "lost" the side arms.

Exact same thing happened to me with a 2.4m Prodelin. had no qualms snapping up the dish, however... 8)

Yes, I could make some but would really prefer the originals. Annoying, as it's not far from me either.

Been through this before with a few people interested in my CM180 reflector.

It shouldn't be too difficult to make a new set of arms.
Either a quick lash up of steel/aly tubes + bent brackets and a metal LNB holder, or something like RimaNTSS's (very nice) meccano-contraptions for his Prodelins.
The measurements (dish to LNB etc) are elsewhere on this site.

If you have the difficult-to-replace-parts, i.e. mount and the mounting bracket, fitting new rams + LNB holder should just be a nice afternoon's work in the sun in the coming months...

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
We'll see how much it goes for. Don't want to spend too much on this

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
An odd looking 1.2m dish - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251951168984
90cm prime focus, motorised - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231556530351
1.2m Channel Master from your local skip - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131505880562 Looks like it has bent arms, not worth it
1.4m plastic(?) dish - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261884192977 - not sure if it *is* plastic as I see a bent rim
Wavefrontier 90cm(?) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261884204041 - doesn't look overly straight with some dings on the surface
1.4m prime focus - looks damaged - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111667209750

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Nice finds! I suspect I know why this owner sells his T90, cuz he installed subreflector upside-down and could not get decent signals ScreenHunter_305 May. 11 20.09.jpg And seems that he has more than one T90 (there is another one in the back).
Name of this 140cm dish $_57 (Large).JPG is "Cēsu" . Made in Latvia. They sell them new for about 170 EUR. Nice dish. I have one as well. My post #327 And, yes, it is plastic, very light. This one, CM120 (Large).JPG of course, famous Channel Master. Dirty as usual and feedarms bended, LNB holder broken.

Last edited:

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
As I was informed by respectful user @Feedsat_DXer there is the Mirage on the picture! Actually the mirror. Of course, why should person who was no idea how to install subreflector would have 2 T90s?! ScreenHunter_305 May. 11 20.09.jpg

A

archive10

Don't reckognise the dish, but I seem to reckognise the mount.
Comparing with the evidence from extensive discussions on this forum about a range of 180cm plastic dishes, I'd say that it's a Northern Satellite Corp 1.2 m dish.
It does, however, look different from the NSC 1.2 meter that RimanTSS has in his stash, but then again, Prodelin has gone through a variety of designs for their 1.2m dishes, so why not NSC?

A

Archive4

Anyone in my part of Spain want a 1.8 Fam with floor stand and I think twin Invacom lnb for 120€?

Had a call from someone who wants rid!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
291454468091 1.8m CM i think but seller states the breeze blocks, feed arms,clamp and lnb are not for sale! just the face,nprm and az-el. maybe a bargain for someone
Went for just £41... to me :D Now need to source the arms....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Anyone in my part of Spain want a 1.8 Fam with floor stand and I think twin Invacom lnb for 120€?

Had a call from someone who wants rid!

Stick an Ad in our For Sale section - I suspect more Members will see it there.

A

archive10

Went for just £41... to me :D Now need to source the arms....
Congratulations! Finally a CM180 for you...

Re arms: I am in the process of making new arms for my reflector, I've been experimenting to find the easiest way (low cost), and I hope to have a protorype in a week or two.
I draw on the benefit of having a fully working and mounted CM180, so I know exactly where in 3D the LNB should be, makes is a lot easier to cut materials to resonable adequate lengths. I hope to share, if not the arms, then at least the recipe for making them.

Status
Not open for further replies.