Bark-translator plans gadget for cat

N

net1

The Japanese manufacturers of a gadget that claims to translate dogs barks into human language is planning a similar device for cats.

After selling 300,000 Bowlingual units, Takara is set to release the Meowlingual.

The cat-shaped machine set to go on sale in November and translates meows and purrs into human phrases, although exact wording hasn't been decided yet.

The translation device will likely sell for £45, slightly cheaper than the $75 Bowlingual, which has been a big hit.

Both gadgets use scientific data on animal sounds from a Tokyo laboratory that also analyses human voices, helps solve crime and takes part in designing software for mobile phones.

Takara plans to start selling Bowlingual in the United States in August. Overseas sales plans for Meowlingual are still undecided.

"Cats are smaller and more finicky than dogs so we had to change the design a little," Takara spokeswoman Maiko Hasumi said.

The feline version won't strap on the collar as does the Bowlingual, and a person must hold the microphone in the machine up to the cat's mouth and hope it says something, she said.

In case your cat's not in the mood, the machine will have "playful features," such as a horoscope reading for cat lovers and other surprises in the works, she said.

Takara is planning to sell 300,000 Meowlingual machines by March 2004.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I wish they would come up with the Shelingual, bet you they will sell a few of those...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, no chance, the language is far too complex and contradictory :)