Basic info Please?

learnerviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+, using a fixed 85cm dish at Hotbird 13deg
My Location
Sth Yorks
Oh no not again I hear you all cry.
I am a new sat viewer (5 mths). I had my system installed ( tm 1500ci+, fixed dish on hotbird etc. etc.), really for a couple of foreign channels (TGN) for the wife.
As a plus, the engineer enabled TPS multivision 1-7 for a few movies for me.
2 or three days ago Tps went scrambled again. ( he said this might happen). How do I get them back? I understand that keys are involved but I cannot get a pc to the system and would somehow need to enter keys through the remote.

One other thing... is there any possibilities for my sky dish and or box will will becoming obsolete next month as I am finishing my subscription.

This is my first try in a forum so i await eager anticipation.
Thank Guys.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
learnerviewer said:
Oh no not again I hear you all cry.
I am a new sat viewer (5 mths). I had my system installed ( tm 1500ci+, fixed dish on hotbird etc. etc.), really for a couple of foreign channels (TGN) for the wife.
As a plus, the engineer enabled TPS multivision 1-7 for a few movies for me.
2 or three days ago Tps went scrambled again. ( he said this might happen). How do I get them back? I understand that keys are involved but I cannot get a pc to the system and would somehow need to enter keys through the remote.

One other thing... is there any possibilities for my sky dish and or box will will becoming obsolete next month as I am finishing my subscription.

This is my first try in a forum so i await eager anticipation.
Thank Guys.

Your Sky box will still give you all the free channels and all the radio services. The card will revert to a ftv card and will give you Channel4, Channel5, and Sky3.

TPS have changed their encryption and are now using AES keys - theres numerous threads about it on the forum, so have a look. :)

J

Jeff_19341

:-Welcome1 learnerviewer to the best Sat board around.
Read, search and then come back with questions.

learnerviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sth Yorks
Just returned from taking mum out for lunch, (loads of brownie points and a return to the will maybe...) and would just like to thank you for the replies.
Off to look for info on AES keys!?!
Thanks Guys.

learnerviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sth Yorks
Ok guys...
Did a search for AES keys and followed a link where i found two keys.
They are strings of double characters 16 in number.

Two problems... two different keys posted on two different days. Last one posted 26/3/06, (first on 23/03/06).

Q. How do I know which is the correct one?

Q. What the dickens do I do with it? (and be nice!):confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You always use the latest keys, they change daily for some providers, I believe that you can enter them by remote. :)

learnerviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sth Yorks
Now i am really confused.
After some digging, i found out how to enter keys into my reciever using my remote..all very sraightforward.
Inside my cas menu i expected to find 1 option where tps is located and a box to edit the key string.... Instead, I found TPS on 3 options.

option 1 had 4 key strings (8 double characters long), each with a 2 number prefix
option 2 had 4 key strings with double letter prefixes (OA,OB,OC,OD,)
option 3 had 1 string with a double letter prefix (OE)

I have 1 key (16 double characters long) !?

I have the 7 movie channals and spi extme on tps (as far as i can tell). The listings from lyngsat dont seem to be of any help.:(

any further advice guys?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Traditionally, providers have used 8 digit keys:

08:xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
09:xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
0A:xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
0B:xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

etc.

These can be broken into blocks to make key entry in the receiver easier.

The TPS AES key is a 16 digit key, and is split further:
08-1:xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
08-2:xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

Unless your receiver allows this new version split you cannot enter the AES keys.

learnerviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sth Yorks
this is slipping beyond my understanding guys and my brain is beginning to cook. After a whole day of trying to accumulate knowledge I think I am going to leave it for a while.

Thanks for trying to help guys.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
You are using a Technomate the same as me, so go to menu and then "System Information" click ok and select "Cas Menu" it should be coloured yellow and click ok.
In the top boxes select "Viaccess" by using left & right buttons on remote till you have "Viaccess" then go down one level using the up & down buttons on your remote to "Ident" and using left & right buttons select " TPS France (007C0)."

Down one more level to "01" and enter first 16 digits.
Down to "11" and enter the last 16 digits.

Numbers are easy but for letters use the "info" button on remote, touch once for A, twice for B, and so on.

When keys are entered press exit, were you may have to confirm that changes have been made.
Might have to switch receiver off and back on before keys will become active.

Only enter the latest keys.
Rob

apollosdan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal Magic Plus 9800
My Location
London
I cannot locate the menu where I can see keys. I've been to the Menu, System information but could not find anywhere to see/enter keys (for TPS).
I'm a first-timer, sorry for the ignorance.
Your help is needed.
Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There should ba a menu called CAS, or perhaps CAM?

ginger

Reaction score
hi there mate
i also have a technomate (5500ci) and i have no facilities to punch in keys manually. i am not sure but i think you need to get your machine pathced before you can punch in keys. i have not got much of an idea about sats and stuff but i remember reading something about this one time when i was trying to punch in keys for my machine. Maybe some of the other guys will be able to explain better. cheers

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The box will already be patched, as he was already receiving TPS. :)

learnerviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sth Yorks
Rob - on my cas menu I have 3 top boxes with viaccess in them.
The first one has 4 eight double character strings prefixed 01,11,08,09
The second one has 4 eight double character strings prefixed OA,OB,OC,OD
The third one has 1 eight double character string prefixed OE
All three top boxes are sub-labelledT PS France 007C0
Thanks for the help rob but I can still only find one sixteen double character key on the net.

I have just found a new aes key for today and tried it in all string pairs (1&11, 08&09 etc) but none of them brought back the movies.
I did learn though that string pair 08 & 09 affected spi plati when they were changed.

Am I flogging a dead horse with tps or is there another movie option?

This might help a couple of the other guys....

during my trawl of the net (looking for info on TM 1500Ci + super), I did read that if the reciever haas not been patched already, the cas menu button will not appear.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I have just updated mine and no problems.
Use the first one with four double characters 01,11,08,09. So the box has Viaccess in it, underneath in Cas also has Viaccess in it.

Underneath that is Ident which should have TPS France (007C00), if it doesn't then change it with left & right buttons till it does.

You can get the keys from http://www.sat-key.org/ and then click viaccess.
The keys are 16x2 digits all in one line, at the top of the page marked TPS AES Keys in the Hex section. Todays digits start with 47 and end with BF.

Use the first 8x2 digits in line "01", and the second 8x2 digits in line "11"
Then switch receiver off and then back on.

I can't make this any easier, except to come round and do it for you, best of luck.

Go for it
Rob :)

apollosdan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal Magic Plus 9800
My Location
London
I'm proud of myself, I entered keys for the first time and here is my TPS foot working fine!! Thanks all for your help.
O-Ha O-Ha :-rofl2 :-rofl2 :-rofl2 :D :D :D :D :D

learnerviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sth Yorks
At Last....Success!

I installed the new AES Key from the link Rob into strings 01 & 11 switched the box on and off and there it all was...

To be honest I didnt do anything different the other day so i dont know why it didnt work.

The link shows all the keys in all the boxes so it looks like what you should be looking for when you search for keys.

All new users (tm 1500ci) use the link in Rob's reply (www.sat-key.org), it makes it all obvious!

2 Further questions though...

1 - Can you enter an updated patch through a remote and where do you find one?

2 - What are all the triple figure strings that accompany the keys and am I supposed to be entering them somewhere?

Many thanks ROB.:D

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Well done told you it was easy :-rofl2

One thing I did forget to mention is that the receiver should be tuned in to one of the channels you are trying to clear.
For example if you want the TPS channels then select Hotbird and then select one of TPS's channels, anyone TPS Star for example and the screen will come up with "scamble".

Then select "Menu" and then "System Information", and then carry on as before.:)

As for the patch you can't enter it with the remote control, you will need to download it from somewhere like Alsat and using a null modem cable transfer it from your PC to your receiver.
You will have fun learning to do that.:-rofl2 but it's worth it.

What triple figure strings are you on about ?

learnerviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sth Yorks
Re Patching might be a problem as i cant get my pc to the box. Might be a problem for a thicko like me anyway.:confused

If you have a look at the link you gave me before, the triple character strings are there as well as on some other key sites.