Bbc 1 And Bbc 2 And Hallmark,disney

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
HI,
ralph magno here in the naples area looking for anyone who can receive of have info on receiving this service here.
i am a satellite installer here for the americans and i maintain a medum cable frame with about 2000 appartments.
have boxes and cards and a 2 meter dish will not receive this.
i have installed for the brits 1.25 dish and they get almost everything but not bbc 1 and bbc 2, itv,hallmark and disney channels.
i hear someone 100 km south of rome can pick it up with a 3.2 meter dish.
i will probaly invest in a 3.8 meter dish but need to know if this is possible
if you know anyone in my area haver a e-address or phone number in italy i speek both italian and english.
i have 30 years experience but usualy with 2 metere dishes,i have my own cable company as well so be as tech. as you wanti'll understand
seen most of the web site but need updated info

thanks
ralph

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
Hi Ralph..I am no expert, but after taking a brief look at the Astra2D website, I can see reports south of Roma require 2-3.6m dish. One guy south of Rome reports a 3.6mPatriot as sufficient. So if you were to purchase a 3m dish, add a little extra cash and make sure with a 3.6m. But I would listen to others advise in this forum first. Maybe someone in Southern Italy will see your post...

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
I would high light that the installation in the south of Rome location is a 3.8 Patriot dish and is additionally fitted with a seavey feed horn, reception is consistant.

However my reccomedation would be for at least a 3.8 and for a distubution system with additional rain signal loss compensation a 4.2/4.5 with the same feed horn configuration.

Currently a Grundig GDS 3000 is used as the Sky reciever, although the system is controlled from dual axis 2000 series controllers.

The installtion is at a sensitive location so I am not able to release its exact location.

Good Look

regards

Old Satellite

dbolton

Reaction score
My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
Hi there Ralph

I would be very interested in your findings as i am sure lot's of the expats are. I am living 40 km nw Rome I have no chance of getting 2D with my inadequate 1M dish i will buy a bigger dish if i can get a good report with the specs. Keep us updating on the progress this could be a very informative thread.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hi thanks for the information

ralph
Rabbit said:
Hi Ralph..I am no expert, but after taking a brief look at the Astra2D website, I can see reports south of Roma require 2-3.6m dish. One guy south of Rome reports a 3.6mPatriot as sufficient. So if you were to purchase a 3m dish, add a little extra cash and make sure with a 3.6m. But I would listen to others advise in this forum first. Maybe someone in Southern Italy will see your post...