BBC 3 & 4 Improvement, BBC Scotland Deterioration

rcarr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m ChannelMaster +Invacom C120 Quad - Astra 2, plus 80cm Hotbird. Deltasat & Aston Wamba receivers.
My Location
Madrid
Hi,

I've noticed that for the last few days (maybe a week) the BBC1 Scotland and BBC2 Scotland signals are notably weaker. I've only checked in the evening (but I think before 8) and they haven't been watchable at all. Before this change they were typically watchable to 11pm.

However this has been accompanied by a significant improvement in the BBC 3/4 (and BBC 2 England) transponder reception. This now seems to be at least as good as it's been in the 9 months since I've had the C120 mounted. Flawless past midnight.

NB I have noticed that over the past two years the BBC Scotland transponder went from being better than the BBC 3/4 one for a few
months, to being weaker, and then back to being stronger for the last few months. But in past cases there was no change to the quality of the BBC England, BBC 3/BBC 4 signal - it was the BBC Scotland transponder which changed. I had heard that transponder was dodgy. It never in the past got as bad as it is now.

The weather has got rather better recently. (But?) normally summer reception is significantly poorer than winter.

Maybe I'm a bit quick off the mark, but has anyone else spotted such a change? Can anyone explain it? Freesat related?

Cheers,

R.