Bbc 3 & Bbc 4 Extending Broadcasting Hours On Freesat At First?

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
TOSIBIA HDD/dvd freeview recoder combi .
FTA 28e & 13e satellete system
My Location
Blackpool, Lancashire, England
What are the chances of BBC 3 & BBC 4 extending their broadcasting hours on FREESAT so that they can order extra programes for their targets. The reason i ask is that once the viewers of FREEVIEW find out then OFCOM might just leave some spare MULTFLEX :-rofl2:-worship

This could give BRITAIN a decent FREESAT and FREEVIEW.:cool:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
The problem with that is, if they switched BBC3 & 4 on at say 5pm, CBBC and Cbeebies would have to switch off at 5pm as they share the same slot in the multiplex, so, the BBC would have to buy new slots and that would probably be passed onto the license fee payer *cough :cool:*... :)

For example, on my mum's Vir gin system, BBC 3 & 4 broadcast CBeebies and CBBC rather than being just blank, although the banner says "Intermission", but that's Virgin's problem... ;)

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
2cvbloke said:
The problem with that is, if they switched BBC3 & 4 on at say 5pm, CBBC and Cbeebies would have to switch off at 5pm as they share the same slot in the multiplex, so, the BBC would have to buy new slots and that would probably be passed onto the license fee payer *cough :cool:*... :)

For example, on my mum's Virgin cable box, BBC 3 & 4 broadcast CBeebies and CBBC rather than being just blank, although the banner says "Intermission", but that's Virgin's problem... ;)

Surly FREESAT can find the space so that CBBC & Cbeebies are on seperate slots and let BBC sport & Open university use the evening slot. Once this format has been tested on FREESAT then the BBC,ITV,CHANNEL4 and FIVE will have astrong case to OFCOM to give more multi flex.'O'

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
garrick said:
Surly FREESAT can find the space so that CBBC & Cbeebies are on seperate slots and let BBC sport & Open university use the evening slot. Once this format has been tested on FREESAT then the BBC,ITV,CHANNEL4 and FIVE will have astrong case to OFCOM to give more multi flex.'O'

The beancounters wouldn't see it the way we do, they'll say there's nothing wrong with the way it is, extra space on Astra 2D would cost the beeb (and the license payer) money, aswell as the extra space needed on Freeview, you can only fit so much into a narrow band of frequencies allocated to each platform... :(

Now if they got rid of all the pointless shopping channels, that would be a much better solution... :D

garrick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
2cvbloke said:
The beancounters wouldn't see it the way we do, they'll say there's nothing wrong with the way it is, extra space on Astra 2D would cost the beeb (and the license payer) money, aswell as the extra space needed on Freeview, you can only fit so much into a narrow band of frequencies allocated to each platform... :(

Now if they got rid of all the pointless shopping channels, that would be a much better solution... :D

THEY ARE NOTHING BUT PENNY PINCHING MORON'S:toke:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
garrick said:
THEY ARE NOTHING BUT PENNY PINCHING MORON'S:toke:

Exactly, that's why mr. TV License man doesn't like me... ;) :cool: