BBC and ITV reception in N. Spain - Cantabria

ADS

Reaction score
Is it possible to get BBC and ITV in Cantabria, N Spain? If so what do we need to get it?
Thanks in advance for any help.
ADS

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For BBC channels all you need is a dish of appropriate size and a digital receiver, dish size probably 1.2m. For ITV channels you will need a Sky digibox and a viewing card, either a free to view card or expired subscription card.

ADS

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for that. How do I get a free to view card?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
FTV cards are not currently available new. If you subscribe to $ly then the card you get will also allow ITV, C4 and Five reception. When you cancel your subscription (after the minimum 12 months!) the card will still allow reception of these terrestrial channels.

It's possible that the equivqlent of the FTV cards will be made available when $ly launch their own "Freesat" service in the autumn - unfortunately this is far fron certain.

PaulR

ADS

Reaction score
Thanks once again. The other problem I have is that the house we are about to move to is on top of a hill and we get very strong southerly winds. Planning restrictions may not let us mount dish on the building either. Can it be set up at ground level with maybe some kind of shelter round it?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, a ground mount is fine as long as it has a clear line of sight to the satellite. Might be worth considering a motorised system to see what else is out there. :)