BBC back again!

rommel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I live in Hanover (Germany) and have been using a minidish to pick up Sky Digital since the service began.

When ITV firsted started transmitting I initially had reception problems, but the last 6 months everything has been fine.

When BBC switched to 2D I once again had reception problems: all horizontal BBC channels were weak, although the vertical BBC channels were fine. It was possible to receive the horizontal channels, but to do so, meant physically twisting the LNB by about 5 degrees extra anticlockwise. All this made me believe I had an allignment problem (although all other channels were working fine - even ITV).

Now, since last week, all my BBC channels are back again!

Have BBC/Astra made any changes (to satellite alignment, signal strength etc) over the last week (ie since end of May)?

Rommel

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are couple of things that may have happened Rommel, Yes they may have notched up the power slightly, but what also may have happened according to a post by Channel Hopper, is that a transponder on Nearby 24.5E ceased transmitting on a very near frequency and this may have been attenuating the signal.

rommel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thx for the infor Rolfw - any chance on a link to the thread from channel hopper - can't seem to find it using search!

Rommel