BBC-Channels and ITV - Help

Brian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hallo,
I live in Germany. After all the BBC-Channels went off and getting "No Satellite Signal is beeing received" found out on the Internet the Frequencies are going to change. So I tried to change the setting on default Transponder to 10.773 H / 27.5 / 2/3 and got all the BBC-Channels back on 11.720 H. But they all lasted about 36 Hours and went off again on 29th of May. Yesterday I tried a different Transponder 10862 H / 22000 / 5/6 (it does not work on 10773 H 22000 5/6) I only can receive BBC1 LN. But I can only watch it on that Transponder, but then I am not able to watch any of the Sky channels and have to revert bach to Transponder 11.778 V / 27.5 / 2/3 to get all other channels and then I loose BBC1 LN. By the way I was never able to watch ITV but knowing now how to change the Transponder I can watch it on the specific Transponder.
I have a Panasonic TU-DSB 31 Receiver. It looks to me like that the Receiver has a switching problem. By reading all those Reports it is a known low signal Receiver. Will a Panasonic Receiver TU-DSB 40 be a better Receiver for me or the TU-DSB 30.
Can anybody me give an advice???

BYE
Angelika

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What is the rest of your setup Angelika, dish size, LNB type etc and you location, there will probably be a member relatively close with whom you can compare notes.

Brian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I got the Receiver, LNB and dish as a Sky Pack. But I am not using the mini-dish. I have a 80 cm Dish fitted on the roof and I do not know what type of LNB it is. Maybe you know what type Sky gives you. I have noticed the EPG Software is on 3.1.5 a at the moment and the Signal strength is 100 % and Quality is 90 % on Transponder 11.778 V 27.5 2/3.
I live by Herford in Nordrhine Westfalia. Never had problems with receiving the Sky channels apart from ITV before.

Have I giving you enough information, if not, please let me know.

Angelika

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
The dsb30 is a much beter choice for weak signals,also the grundig 310/2 and 2000.The dsb31 is not so good....brian

O

Old Fred

I just read somewhere that there's a problem with Panasonic TU-DSB20, 30, 31, 35 models with certain LNBs and cable lengths. There's a company doing a "Filter" to cure it. Cheaper than an LNB (and no ladder required).

Try a Google search for "panasonic digibox faulty". I think that's what I typed in.

Fred

Brian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hallo

Just let you know we have solved our problem. Our dish, which is 85 cm, was still aligned at 19,2 degrees when Sky was analogue. Our dish has now been set at 28,2 degrees and we now receive all the BBC and ITV Channels with no problem.
And nothing wrong with the TU-DSB 31 Receiver. It works fine.

It took some time but got there in the end. Thanks for all your help.

Angelika

:-righton

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Brian said:
Hallo

Just let you know we have solved our problem. Our dish, which is 85 cm, was still aligned at 19,2 degrees when Sky was analogue. Our dish has now been set at 28,2 degrees and we now receive all the BBC and ITV Channels with no problem.
And nothing wrong with the TU-DSB 31 Receiver. It works fine.

It took some time but got there in the end. Thanks for all your help.

Angelika

:-righton

Hä? you aren't saying that you had the dished aligned to 19,2 and were, before the changeover, receiving everything but ITV are you ? Theres no way with that difference in angle and with a 85cm dish in your region that that would have been the case. Its certainly possible that the dish alignment was out and a slight adjustment increased your reception but whoever realigned your dish didnt quite tell the truth there.

Methos.

Brian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We have got two Lnb's. One is set for 19,2 and the other 28,2 degrees.
And the dish was aligned at 19,2 degrees and now set at 28,2 degrees.

Angelika