BBC could lose Olympic coverage

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Never thought I'd see that.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Olympics are on the protected list so sub let coverage will be provided on a fta UK channel somewhere.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Cannot say I am surprised, the BBC are not leaning towards their target audience any more as they cannot afford to pay the rediculous sports rights charges as well as ridiculous wages to their celebrity staff, which leaves the average punter who cannot afford Sky Sports little or nothing to watch sportswise, look what a joke F1 coverage is this year.
Even their news services and media output are politically biased, they prefer to pump the public full of op-ed opinions rather than give them actual facts of the reality of the world. As an organisation they are on the slippery slope to extinction, even their complaints procedure is a waste of time as never do they answer specific questions they simply give a generic answers regardless of how far you take a complaint.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
It is a good job that most of us have motorised satellite systems for alternative coverage of sports events as for news well Sky News is also very bias :(
I prefer to channel hop the other news networks & find out who is telling the truth :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Olympics are on the protected list so sub let coverage will be provided on a fta UK channel somewhere.

Yes, but only a very small amount of coverage relative to what they normally have.

They can have 200 hours, but transmitted more than 10 times that at the last olympics.

Last edited:

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I hate the way sport is all about the money these days. Something like the Olympics should be something for the whole world to get together and enjoy for free, not for the highest bidder or the one offering the best subscription package.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I hate the way sport is all about the money these days. Something like the Olympics should be something for the whole world to get together and enjoy for free, not for the highest bidder or the one offering the best subscription package.
Totally agree.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The IOC are playing a dangerous game - we have already seen interest slump in F1, cricket & several other sports since they went fully or partially paywall. Right across Europe.

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
The IOC are playing a dangerous game - we have already seen interest slump in F1, cricket & several other sports since they went fully or partially paywall. Right across Europe.

spot on1.png Agree

Regards