BBC FTA Copyright Problem

sta123

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Now that the BBC has gone FTA are they not going to have the same problem that Filmnet and Teleclub had in the late 80's. Where the big American film companies started to complain that there films (with orginal english sound track) were been transmitted all over western Europe for free breaching copyright laws?

gazza

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
bbc has not gone fta yet they have just changed satellites at the moment.

the points you raise are IMHO valid but no doubt the BBC will have addressed all this before announcing their plans to go FTA!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm sure that it will present some interesting discussion between the film vendors and the BBC, but as Gazza says, it ain't happened yet. :)

The jury is still out.

PS. moved to Sky Digital General.

sta123

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
just another thought....
Won't the Scandinavian and Benelux broadcasters be now not too pleased because almost all of there subscription channels are transmitted with original English/American sound track. So if now the BBC make there channels FTA it could and probably would take revenue away from these broadcasters because people will stop subscribing to them in favor for the FTA BBC package.