BBC FTA Radio

dec4

Reaction score
Very disappointed to see BBC withdraw their Radio services via Astra analogue. I contacted them last October and they told me they had no plans to discontinue service. Yes I do know there are other ways of receiving BBC radio in Ireland but via internet blocks up phone line and with only one digibox it's difficult enough to watch chosen TV programme let alone listen to radio.
Given the inactivity of this board I don't suppose too many will be upset with this action by BBC ( except a few like me ).
dec4.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If i can be bold enough to speak for the 25,000 analogue listeners here in spain,the loss of 5 live was bad enough,but with the rest now leaving(or left)and the tv channels not far behind,this is something of a disaster.You see,we are not in the pool or at the pub day and night! mind you the temperature today is about 70f...........................

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
"inactivity of this board"...??!
I know it's not the busiest in the world but I'd hardly call it inactive! The Sky-Digital and Smartcard forums particularly get huge numbers of hits....!
2old

dec4

Reaction score
2old,
Apologies if you have misunderstood my remark. The inactivity I was referring to was that of the analogue systems part of the board.
dec4

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

I'm afraid my Analogue set has 'packed up' so I can't verify this, but I had a posting from Satco Dx last week saying that *NEW* Radio Stations had opened as follows:

BBC Radio 3 - BBC Radio 4 - BBC World Sevice Radio.

ON Frequency GHz : 10.729 Polarization : V

On ASTRA 1 at 19.2E.

I hope this will be of help to you.

Regards and Good Luck

W Hole

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
I have just checked quickly the (new) bbc radio channels,and yes,
it seems the above information is correct...........now its back to the pool.............Brian