Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Has anyone had problems with the activation of BBC cards?

It has been reported that if the STD code of the enquiry is not matching the geographic location of the card it will not be enabled!

Any feedback on this would be most welcome as ex-pats i Europe may have a BIG problem.)(-red

susan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have had a problem receiving bbc channels when the new card is activated for some reason it just says channel unavailable on bbc one three and four bbc two is ok . This problem is all over spain any help would be great

mickmills

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Marbella, Costa del Sol, Southern Spain
I live and work on the Costa del Sol, and install maybe 10 FTA systems per week. I activate my cards through a usual dialling box via Spanish Telefonica, and since the arrival of the new dark blue cards, have found prehaps 2 out of 10 activate fully, the rest coming up "channel unavailable" on BBC 1. There appears to be no pattern to the addresses or postcodes used. Is this a problem in the UK, or just in Spain? We can't just ring the BBC, they know we are calling from outside the UK, no matter what we try. Free week in Marbella for anyone solving this one 100%!

tenerifesat

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi mick, i instal in tenerife, does the message say "channel unavailable" or "this program is not available"? what i mean is. is the channel actually there and not switching on i.e. trying to watch bbc scotland with an english card. or does the channel not appear i.e. trying to access channel 101 without a card in.