BBC in the UK

mad chef

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello All

I live in Uk and have lost the BBC channel, I setup my our dish do I need to realign it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Firstly Go into the services menu and check the signal strength and quality, if this is OK, try switching of at the mains and then back on again. If this doesn't work and you are connected to a phone line do a new installation. Go in to Services/.System Setup/0,1,Select/New installation, it is probably that the software cannot find the newly moved channel.

This will then rescan all of the channels.

If none of this works then a forced update may be necessary.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A reset or forced update Mad chef? By the way that quality reading is on the low side, should be at least equal to the signal strength, so may possibly indicate problems on the dish side.

mad chef

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Turn it off, back on hold on the backup button etc

will try adjusting the dish

Been on sky say it the BBC moving to a low band, have a old box off a m8 and had a sky contract for over a year can i cancel and get a new dish and box out of sky?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
With some of the old boxes the update may not take first time, how long is it taking to update?

With regard to the new contract, if the first one was subsidised then you have little chance, but you can always find that its broken and they will normally offer a replacement for £60.

mad chef

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It did the update in about 2 mins will try again

The contract was not subsidised so may give it a go. only £1 install fee on website, £38 a month, can i change it after 1 month

Thankyou rolfw for all the help will get back soon with the out come.

cheers

Mad Chef

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Wait to hear the result MC, update should take 10 to 20 minutes if it works and if connected by scart, you should get a message on the screen.