BBC on ASTRA 2A !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
BBC on new ASTRA 2A transponders !!!! sounds impossible?????? read below

BBC announced to have contracted further transponder on ASTRA 2A !!!!

SES ASTRA, an SES GLOBAL company (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG), is pleased to announce that the BBC has contracted a further transponder, this time on the ASTRA 2A satellite at 28.2o E.

The BBC, which already has six ASTRA transponders on ASTRA 2B and 2D, will use the additional capacity to reconfigure the satellite delivery of its portfolio of TV, radio and interactive services.

Alexander Oudendijk, ASTRA's Chief Commercial Officer and Senior Vice President, said: "The BBC is a broadcasting institution throughout the world, respected and admired for the diversity and quality of its programming. Once again the BBC has decided to expand our business relationship and we believe that this is in no small measure due to our like-minded commitment to quality and service." The BBC's acting Controller of Distribution Richard Waghorn, said: "The BBC aims to deliver its services across the UK on the platforms where our audiences expect to find them, free-to-air. The new transponder will increase our flexibility to meet our audiences' changing aspirations for the satellite platform. The BBC is pleased to be enhancing its long-standing relationship with ASTRA who can provide world-class technical expertise and experience, as well as proven security and back-up facilities."

source : SES-ASTRA

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
I'm getting to dislike RSS - I always end up in the wrong thread, LOL.:D

So, it seems like there are about three threads all saying the same thing - none to my knowledge actually say what the beeb is up to? Someone said something close ........

If it hasn't been confirmed in another thread i'll do it here - if you don't know, the new transponders are for HD; which if really true will come in handy for the world cup with english commentary.

However, sources close to the deal said the corporation had snapped up the capacity on the Astra 2A satellite so it could launch a HDTV package when BSkyB unveils its much-anticipated HD service early next year. "The BBC wants to match it," said one source close to the transaction.

Have Fun,

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.