My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
Is anyone else having problems with BBC prime? I was able to receive it all day Saturday and Sunday, but nothing on Monday or today. It's like ITV3 it only comes on when it wants to. Everything else seems to be fine. I said in a previous thread that I also couldn't get MTV central on Astra 1, but I changed my lnb settings and it worked, but no such luck with above 2. The transponder for BBC prime is pretty strong but no picture or sound, maybe it will work again on Saturday.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi T-E-E-N-A
Yes I cannot really understand the whole ethos behind BBC Prime. It carries reruns of BBC made programmes (usually 2 years old) and some good edu progs after midnight (The Learning Channel) and yet mostly it is encrypted. I watch Hotbird 11131V 5632 3/4 which was clear over the last weekend but is now encrypted again. I firmly believe that anyone that pays a BBC licence fee should be allowed to watch this channel FTA as they are paying for its upkeep. I spend quite some time in the Middle East and everyone seems to watch it out there for free so why shouldn't the people of Great Britain who pay yon bug**rs wages with our TV licence fee be able to do the same.

************* BBC PRIME SHOULD BE FTA ************************

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Super FTA 1000D, 85cm Digiquest dish,Skystar 2 card,Moteck SG2100A motor, Netgem i-player,Hauppauge WinToGo TV card
My Location
London,England
BBC Prime is part of BBC Worldwide which is the commercial arm of the BBC Corporation and can only be received via paid subscription in Europe and Africa. Not sure about other continents I guess BBC Japan, BBC America and BBC Canada etc are equivalents of BBC Prime. Your Licence fee ONLY goes towards BBC UK.
The Foregin Office provides the revenue for BBC world service

Chib

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I agree with the principles behind BBC World, as I think that it is important to our international presence, but I would add that the the foreign office don't have their own money, it comes from us, the same way that the licence fee does.;)

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
I think BBC Prime lost a lot of subscribers, at least in Europe, when the BBC went FTA on Astra 2 meaning that anybody with the appropriately pointed dish and a FTA receiver could pick it up without bother.

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
I did another scan last week and found it on Hotbird 11131V 5632 3/4, so I've been flicking back and forward on the two transponders. Ah well it's probably just pot luck now, never mind the good dramas during the week, just as long as the Generation game on Saturday is watchable, that was a joke btw. ({}) Interesting smilies LOL, especially the one above this one.

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
i´m still getting it on hotbird 13e and hispasat 30w

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rolfw said:
I agree with the principles behind BBC World, as I think that it is important to our international presence, but I would add that the the foreign office don't have their own money, it comes from us, the same way that the licence fee does.;)
So do I Rolf therefore as we are all taxpayers, TV licence holders and BBC Prime primarily (no pun intended) shows reruns of programs produced for BBC 1 and 2 which we have already paid in all the years of tax and license paying, I therefore fail to understand why it cannot be part of say the freeview package or FTA the way BBC 1 2 3 and 4 are currently.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
I therefore fail to understand why it cannot be part of say the freeview package or FTA the way BBC 1 2 3 and 4 are currently.

Absolutely -

I bet BBC WW don't pay the same as I would have to if I had a small channel and wanted to show re-runs of 'life on earth' or similar.

I think we should all be subjected to old episodes of ' Mrs Bucket ' whether we like it or not O-Ha

L

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Lancelot said:
I think we should all be subjected to old episodes of ' Mrs Bucket ' whether we like it or not O-Ha

L

Thats UK Gold isnt it? Humping

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
T-E-E-N-A said:
Is anyone else having problems with BBC prime? I was able to receive it all day Saturday and Sunday, but nothing on Monday or today. It's like ITV3 it only comes on when it wants to. Everything else seems to be fine. I said in a previous thread that I also couldn't get MTV central on Astra 1, but I changed my lnb settings and it worked, but no such luck with above 2. The transponder for BBC prime is pretty strong but no picture or sound, maybe it will work again on Saturday.

Hi Teena
Remembered you were on about getting a motor and a dish some weeks back, good to see your up and running. Have you tried any cams & cards yet ?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
rob43 said:
i´m still getting it on hotbird 13e and hispasat 30w

Fnarrr Fnarrr

Humping

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
john_graydon said:
Hi Teena
Remembered you were on about getting a motor and a dish some weeks back, good to see your up and running. Have you tried any cams & cards yet ?

Hi John thanks for asking but no I haven't tried any cams or cards yet as I haven't got a baldy notion what to get. In the receiver are 2 cams, Aston cam and an IRD2 Tri-cam. They both have gold cards in them numbered 1 and 2, they must be blank or out of date, not sure. I've tried to do a bit or reading up on cams and cards, but it is baffling especially when programmers come into the equation.

I've had a look on this website http://www.duwgati.com/uk/index.htm, but I haven't got a scooby doo. :confused

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
rob43 said:
what o warped and twisted one, does "fnarr fnarr" mean????'

I take it you have never read the comic VIZ with Finbar Saunders and his double entendres. :D

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hi Rob -

what o warped and twisted one, does "fnarr fnarr" mean????

Yes - a real quality literary publication ' Viz ' .

L

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
i must admit i´ve never seen it. but after looking at the links i think finding one is a must. i do remember hearing years ago of the fat slags but never saw it. i looked up fnarr fnarr in the swearch engine! but i´m none the wiser, i have no idea what a double entendre is. english as a subject at school was never a strong point. i remain oblivious, unless someone is kind enough to explain. that is if you can be "arsed"

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
rob43 said:
i must admit i´ve never seen it. but after looking at the links i think finding one is a must. i do remember hearing years ago of the fat slags but never saw it. i looked up fnarr fnarr in the swearch engine! but i´m none the wiser, i have no idea what a double entendre is. english as a subject at school was never a strong point. i remain oblivious, unless someone is kind enough to explain. that is if you can be "arsed"

Ok Rob Auntie Teena will help, a double entendre is a saying that can have a double meaning, usually the second meaning is a dirty one. As for fnarr fnarr, well Finbar Saunders says that when he hears a double entendre it is a sort of dirty snorty laugh..... Finbar Saunders cartoon is full of them, you have to read it to get the drift. I hope this helps.

A good example is When Mrs Slocombe in Are you being served says "Sorry I'm late but my Pussy got wet in the rain".

Although it's not Finbar, I quite like Buster Gonad, click this link to see it. http://www.maxim-magazine.co.uk/archive_strips/motorised_strips/viztv_popup_buster.html

Here are the fat slags.
http://www.maxim-magazine.co.uk/archive_strips/motorised_strips/viztv_popup_fatslags.html

You can check out the WWW.Viz.co.uk for the rest. Warning, do not read if you are good living or sensitive in any way. LOL

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
T-E-E-N-A said:
You can check out the WWW.Viz.co.uk for the rest. Warning, do not read if you are good living or sensitive in any way. LOL

LOVE the diplomacy T-E-E-N-A you'll go far....... perhaps we ought to start a poll as to who in this forum is sensitive Mmmmm
Certainly not the football fanatics I suspect......I think that every team and every manager has been slagged off one way and another in the short time I have been a member here.