BBC (Sky) FTA Card What card does what ?

ShayK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
S.E. Ireland (Sunny South East)
Would appreciate if a few simple questions could be answered for me

I have the BBC Sky FTV Card which I got from the BBC last
August,Its a plain Blue Card.

1. Am I correct in saying that over the next few weeks/months that the reception of ITV, Ch4, will stop working on these card

2. What is the position with the BBC Sky FTV Card issued in April'03
Will this card allow viewing of ITV, Ch4 indefinately?

3. If I sign up for the Basic Sky package in the UK for 12 months then cease the subscription, will I continue to receive ITV 1, Ch 4 etc.

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just answered your first two questions in your other post, the answer to your third question would depend on what contract you were offered. Most new contracts are for 12 months and you cannot cancel in the interim period. There is apparently a monthly contract which Sky will allow if you already have a box (This is what I've been told, but have not had it corroberated), Whether they will be wise to this move and turn off a cancelled card, nobody has tried it yet.

ShayK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
S.E. Ireland (Sunny South East)
SKY UK & Eire confirmed that they do not do a monthly contract, it must be a 12 Month contract.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
In which case you can't cancel then.

PS deleted your duplicate post.

flyinhaggis

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
My Location
Scotland
ok as long as you have a P2 viewing card you will continue to receive the fta channels after you contract is cancelled also if its a second hand contract you can cancel it with one months notice mm also i heard a RuMour sky has a kind of policy which if your moving to a listed buliding or you family member has deceased they would close contractualy obligated accounts as well ;) and out of compasionate grounds mabey even cancel them over the telephone ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You would get the fta channels (BBC etc) even if you took the card out and chucked it in the bin! You only need it for ITV1 ITV2 C4 & C5