Be a pain to the scammers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is the eBay infomining scam, it isn't from eBay, but from chancers who hope that people will give them their credit card details. Go to the link and enter loads of spurious information, make it look real, do it several times, make them work for their money, it'll make it more difficult for them to separate the wheat from the chaf. ;) :p

http://61.109.238.29:2501/dll/index.htm

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
You have my full support Rolf.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've done a dozen of them so far, will knock it up to 20 by the end of tonight. :)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
And my support too ;)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Heh Heh! I'll give em some sh*t too :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
LOL....just done a beauty! :D ...also you can press back button and keep sending the same form over!

psats

Reaction score
its still live the link so it gets some daily poo

russquk

Reaction score
hi,i just got a email subject "ebay regular maintenance" it is apparently from ebay but with all these bogus emails going round im not sure has anyone else had this email,it says if i dont follow the link my account may act unnormally!! and with errors sounds very odd.

russquk

Reaction score
just checked it is from a ebay email address i have had before so looks alright still seems like a strange email though lol (paranoid me!!!)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds fishy to me, what they always say is type in the link www.ebay.co.uk and then run through the login process, if they need you to confirm anything it will be asked there.

Never follow any links into the service, then you can't be caught out. E-mail addresses and links can be spoofed.

russquk

Reaction score
ok here is the email i got,it is in red text and thats odd for a start and no small print at the bottom of the email which there is usually when ebay send emails.
from aw-confirm@ebay.com
we are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures,your account has been selected for this maintenance.
protecting the security of your ebay account is our primary concern,and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause,
comments are welcomed!
in order to update your account information,you need to complete the following process! if not,your account may behave unnormally and errors may occour without notification.
in order to complete the maintenance process press the following button:
it then has a "start" link button
kind regards
ebay technical team.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Can you post the link? The wording is definitely wrong, "unnormally" is not a word and they do not ask yo to follow links as a rule, particularly on security issues.

As I said earlier, if in doubt, don't do it, just log in in your normal way and you will read all of the information you need to know.

russquk

Reaction score
i put the cursor over the start link button but no link address came up,took a chance and pressed it and it just went back to the email!

russquk

Reaction score
im 99% sure this is not from ebay having read the email a few times,it might have been my firewall stopping the link not sure?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ebay will send emails addressed to the individual by name, not 'customer'

Its a fake (phish) send it onto spoof@ebay.com

russquk

Reaction score
a quick update i had a email from ebay confirming that the email is a fake,so if you get it delete it!!!