Be gentle with me.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
:) I was considering getting an H to H motor for a Channelmaster 1.2 dish. still haven't got the dish yet. Is it worth the extra cash? An inclined orbit tracking system is also available. Is it woth bothering about? I understand it allows the dish to be moved up and down for more satellites, but I may be wrong.
Thanks.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
TJExcalibur said:
:I understand it allows the dish to be moved up and down for more satellites, but I may be wrong.

Your right it does move the dish left and right and up and down.

What size of dish do you have and where are you mounting it?

Most users opt for small lighter and cheaper DiSEqC motor these days.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
gameboy said:
Your right it does move the dish left and right and up and down.

What size of dish do you have and where are you mounting it?

Most users opt for small lighter and cheaper DiSEqC motor these days.

I read that this paticular model was "probably the best motor currently available. Twice the resolution as any other motor" Not sure exactly why I need the up and down bit. I'm hoping to move to SW France in 18 months and was told I should get a decent 1.2 m dish, not sure which though. I live on the South coast and can put a dish on the wall or flat roof facing SSE or in the garden but it looks as if by line of sight at a 27% angle it will just miss the top of 2 oak trees so on the flat roof is better.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
TJExcalibur said:
1.2 m dish, not sure which though

Then best with the H-H as most DiSEqC motors will struggle to move anything around that size.

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
what do gain by going up and down ? i see couple sats have a incline but nothing on ther any good
would getting one of these motors be good for feeds meaning will some tp's be higher then others and bealble to tweak weaker signels or wont it make difrence

Hitchcock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
What about just a good solid polar-mount?

Or have they stopped manufacturing those now? :(

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
Thnaks for your views. I don't know what I would gain by being able to move the dish up and down, I am hoping someone would tell me. I understood an H to H setup was alot better than a polar mount. As it is I am thinking of a 1.2 dish but will probaly have to put it in the garden because of the neighbour. I was told bigger is better with a dish but it can get silly.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
You will only need to move the dish up and down if you need inclined orbit tracking, for satellites in that type of orbit (1 or 2 feed sats thats all). Satellites go into this type of orbit after long service when the operator is unable or unwilling to use onboard correction for whatever reason. So unless you want to watch say the horse racing feeds at 20w (which are encrypted anyway) then don't worry about it for now.

Rgds

L.:)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
TJExcalibur said:
I don't know what I would gain by being able to move the dish up and down, I am hoping someone would tell me.

DiSEqC motors have to be mounted on a true vertical pole to scan the arch. As H-H can move up/down as well you have a bit more flexibility.

As it is I am thinking of a 1.2 dish but will probaly have to put it in the garden because of the neighbour.

You will need planning permission for a dish this large (in the UK).

I was told bigger is better with a dish but it can get silly.

No always - bigger dishes have a more focused signal and can be more difficult to set up. Wind can effect them and the motor has to use more effort to move them.

What channels do you want?

Have you checked the recommended dish sizes for these channels?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
The ch Master 120 is very heavy and dont think a hh motor would do. Anyway the pole mount is different, bigger than the normal pole. You could try a triax 110 cm which works fine with a hh motor., (a lot lighter). I may be wrong so anyone with a C Master 120cm could confirm.