Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
@pontiend

Once you are contributing regularly you get free access to the combined mlat data from all the contributors. This plots the positions of the aircraft that dont have full adsb data - military mainly but also many of the city hopper type flights. You will need to email Phil and tell him your details so he can set your account up - I'll pm you his email in the morning .

A

Archive-8

As a side note if you have iOS or android the Flightradar24 app allows you to get the stats from your station.

2F40E31E-C870-4984-B3A6-9295836896CB.png

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Progressing well.The shortcuts are in startup.I have changed my username in Mlat client to Gawber I didn't like the other one.
I had a look at the 360 radar site.The numbers are meaningless to me.Perhaps understanding will come later.:)
Lots of setting to look at yet so I have ordered a cheapo dongle to use with my main computer I will do my messing about with settings there .No chance of knackering the working system then.:)

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
At Last a nice day.I spent a nice three hours down the garden raising my colinear antenna.I was fastened to one of the pergola posts.I do not use my TD88 much these days,also the antenna is using the TD88 cable.So TD88 off the post on with the colinear antenna.I have shoved the pole up another four foot.The antenna is now at least seven foot higher.Should get a few more planes.If memory serves me right it is a twelve segment colinear.First pic is old position.
p1030202.jpgp1030206.jpgp1030214.jpg

Last edited:

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
I have connected the new dongle to my Zero W.Still not seeing dongle.Just reinstalled lighttpd.that did not work I will keep plugging away.I will get there in the end.[Hopefully. :)]
d2.jpg

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD SE, Dreambox 500S, Skybox F5S, 90cm Solid Dish, Tm2600 Motor, Inverto Black Ultra LNB! :)
My Location
Lost...
ive got one of these sdr radio dongles, not sure where ive put it though

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
WOW.After much messing about.I got it working on my pi Zero W.Using a six segment colinear on the patio.If the wifi works from down the garden I will set it up down there.Way past my bedtime it is worth it though.
Edit .Getting a bit carried away there.Probable a lot of fine tuning to do.:)
p2.jpg

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
A bit of a panic this morning.I got up and found that the mlat server was not connecting.Merged feed not connecting.Internet off.
It looked like a modem problem lights not blinking.A reboot fixed that,internet back on.Still no mlat or merged feed.I have been having some trouble with the modem dropping the connection.
After checking.software settings.I decided that the modem must be the problem.
Decieded to have my breakfast and sulk for a bit.
THEN I remembered that last night I had set my frewall from low to medium.It has to be set to low for my grandsons games to work.
Set it back to low.Bingo all working now.Panic over Breakfast time now. :)
Edit this is probably in the wrong thread if it is please shift it.

Last edited:

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Something that I have wondered about for a while.At the front of this thread#20 mention is made that the mlat client sends data bursts about every 15 seconds.
Mine requests it every 15 minutes.Is that right.