: Belfast

firebuddie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD78 multi sat.
Windows 7 Ultimate E5500 4 gb ram
My Location
belfast
I currently have a fixed Sky dish (approx 1metre x 20mm scaffold pole mounted with t&k brackets at back of house) running to a single room (downstairs living room).

I have just bought a new spiderbox SD5000 receiver. If possible, I am looking for the following new setup using my existing Sky dish (if it is suitable):

- LNBs added to pick up 13e Hotbird, 19e Astra 1 as well as 28e Astra.
- DISEqC switch(es) to auto control LNB (receiver supports all DISEqC protocols, i.e. 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2)
- New additional second line to upstairs back bedroom (is right below where dish is installed). This line will connect to new spiderbox receiver.

Ideally the new setup will allow either of the two feeds to connect to a standard Sky dish - not a must, more a nice to have. I can buy second spiderbox/DISEqC compatible receiver if needs be but I have read that "
When using a Diseqc switch put 28E on "A" or "1" as it defaults to that with no Diseqc signal - useful if you want to connect that feed at any time to a $ky box."

Maybe you can pm me with a ball park figure if you are comfortable with details provided and your contact details and we can take discussions from there. I live in Belfast.

Thx

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You wont get 13E / 19E / 28E on a standard Sky dish. The neatest option would be to either leave the existing dish and put up a second one for 13E / 19E or take the existing dish down and put up an 80 cm dish with three lnb's on it.

firebuddie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD78 multi sat.
Windows 7 Ultimate E5500 4 gb ram
My Location
belfast
Why coz it's too small ?

Analoguesat said:
You wont get 13E / 19E / 28E on a standard Sky dish. The neatest option would be to either leave the existing dish and put up a second one for 13E / 19E or take the existing dish down and put up an 80 cm dish with three lnb's on it.

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
Could a mod enable pm's for contact please..

Thanks as always..

Chris

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
PM should now be enabled for firebuddie