Best alternative lnb for invacom c120 quad or quattro

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I see now that there seem to a few dealers selling the Invacom quad C120s again - Some seem to be white and others dark grey but is there any difference in these? I will get one just for futureproofing.
Since Invacom is part of a group that also tooling for mid-sized satellite dishes and complimentary revolving feed systems, it was probably thought better to ramp up manufacture again than let the market go to another.

teltras

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2mts superjack 18´´
Famaval 135PM Aluminium offset superjack 18´´
Famaval 1.0mts with diseqc motor Digipower SG-2100A
Andrew/Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224

Receivers:
Gigablue Quad UHD
Gigablue Trio 4K
KIII pro
Dm800HD
My Location
Portugal
Thanks for this topic, actually I think Invacom are a piece of crap, I did a lot of tests and they perform worst than a cheap lnb.
Better stay with Inverto black pro single or if you need a quad lnb, any brand on the market will perform a lot better better.

humaxboy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 cm 75°E-45°W
ClarkTech Diseqc HH390 Prolong arm
Inverto Black (white) Ultra Single LNB
Octagon SF 4008
My Location
Slovenia
Made some pics from different offset horns .
With non of them the waveguide of that PF scalar makes a smooth connection with the throat of a offset LNBF

View attachment 126836View attachment 126837View attachment 126838
Years ago I bought for the fun a PF feedhorn adaptor to attach to a standard LNBF for offset dishes .
Since the new Inverto lnb has a wider outer feedhorn , this adaptor does not fit over a LNBF but it is possible to tape it to this Inverto lnb

View attachment 126821

View attachment 126822
Hi Trust, RimaNTSS - one question regarding this topic : would on offset 125 Gibertini this modification for example with gibertini feedhorn c120 and Inverto Black Ultra or Megasat single bring any improvement in better reception result ? This question is only out of curiosity...

Attachments

• feed-c120-for-gibertini-op125.jpg
    feed-c120-for-gibertini-op125.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 5
  • megasat_single_lnb_diavolo.png
    megasat_single_lnb_diavolo.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 4

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
would on offset 125 Gibertini this modification for example with gibertini feedhorn c120 and Inverto Black Ultra or Megasat single bring any improvement in better reception result ?
It is hard to say. When you do LNB modification to be able of attaching it to the feedhorn, it is very hard to do it perfectly. I think that perfectly adjusted IBU will give you not worse results than the same LNB with attached Gibertiny feedhorn. But knowing the fact that we are all hobbyists here, why not to try to modify IBU by the feedhorn.

Add: And why not ask all forum members, not only me and Wim? :cool:

humaxboy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 cm 75°E-45°W
ClarkTech Diseqc HH390 Prolong arm
Inverto Black (white) Ultra Single LNB
Octagon SF 4008
My Location
Slovenia
It is hard to say. When you do LNB modification to be able of attaching it to the feedhorn, it is very hard to do it perfectly. I think that perfectly adjusted IBU will give you not worse results than the same LNB with attached Gibertiny feedhorn. But knowing the fact that we are all hobbyists here, why not to try to modify IBU by the feedhorn.

Add: And why not ask all forum members, not only me and Wim? :cool:
Tnx RimaNTSS ! to be honest it was adressed on both of you, because i read that you did that stuff in the past and you have the tools to do it, but of course all members of this forum are welcome with their own experience...

Beli1910

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with diqec motor 90E -30W
Wave frontier t90 45E-5W
Triax 110-,motor
Laminas 1.8m and Laminas 120
Chanel master 125
Gibertini 150 fix
Gibertini 125
Etc....
My Location
Sevnica 8290-Slovenija
Personally, on the gibertini 150, the original gibertini fedhorn and the megasat flange single gave me worse results on the entire engine path. The best results were given by the Ibu twin in combination with the scalar ring. However, the megasat gave me better results on the 28E, as did the ibu and original gibertini fedhorn. Inverto black ultra is not suitable for useful 28e, as well as for positions 19E, 13E. It is significantly worse than other lnbs. At least from my geographical location.