Best Box and Installer for Cyprus

Big Al

Reaction score
Just bought a dsb 30 for use in paphos, ill have to sell it and get the pace mini box, still lookin for a dish guyz if anyone knows of any GOOD installers in paphos,

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Big Al said:
Just bought a dsb 30 for use in paphos, ill have to sell it and get the pace mini box, still lookin for a dish guyz if anyone knows of any GOOD installers in paphos,

Simon the Skyman 99-696889 from Limassol,the best installer in Paphos,and the rest of Cyprus. ;)

Big Al

Reaction score
thanks m8
Ill give him a call , im out on the 29th July, So ill have one done then m8

frassle

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cyprus
Big Al said:
thanks m8
Ill give him a call , im out on the 29th July, So ill have one done then m8
You'll be better off using snapsat. They actually service their dishes. 99897012

Reaction score
I live in Paphos Cyprus and find the best digibox for my 2.55m dish is the obsolete panasonic 30. even though it is not manufactured there are many years left in the box as it can upgrade its software automatically when needed

Reaction score
Big Al said:
Hi Al
I live in Paphos Cyprus and have great reception on a quad LNB and 2.55m dish With three other mates sharing we all have the Panasonic 30
digiboxes with no problems
we got the Dish from Andys telecom on the polis road close to papantonios
for £600 if that helps

Big Al

Reaction score
frassle said:
You'll be better off using snapsat. They actually service their dishes. 99897012

Hi Frassle, Im arrivin it 2 weeks m8, have you had good dealings with snapsat, ive spoken with simon he seems ok but i dont know him personally, but if you can tell me different m8, im all ears, thanks for the advice m8.

@ mcgovernalarms, I know that place m8 been past it when i was shoppin in the supermarket LOL, did yer fit the dish yerself m8, ive been qouted £750, but that inc 2.7m dish and the invacom quad lnb, stand etc etc, and fitting
and they reckon 24hr bbc itv etc
best regards
Al

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
You are free to choose but be careful mate.quite a few"installers" have popped up recently and some have a bad reputation with broken promises,dodgy dishes and no back up when they go wrong.Never met snapsat but the word is they were in cahoots with astrosat,one of those outfits that change their names and phone numbers and addresess every year.Even stories of customers ordering 2.7 and getting 2.5(which were crap anyway,but that was the only way to get rid of them).Some of the good installers don't have to advertise in every paper and leaflet drop all over the place every other week with"special offers",cups of tea and overdoing the "watch eastenders for free" lark,to get work !its by recommendation of their good,honest work by satisfied customers.
They must all work at the same ranch.Cheap is not best,you know.

Big Al

Reaction score
frassle said:

Hi Zorba
just wonderin why frassle said that about simon m8, In the UK if me 1.2 dish goes out of alignment, I can tweak it meself, but this 2.7 will be a different matter,
Cos the service aspect of it is gonna be important as well, But SImon seems a nice Guy m8, so I think I will go with him m8

Reaction score
Big Al said:
Hi Zorba
just wonderin why frassle said that about simon m8, In the UK if me 1.2 dish goes out of alignment, I can tweak it meself, but this 2.7 will be a different matter,
Cos the service aspect of it is gonna be important as well, But SImon seems a nice Guy m8, so I think I will go with him m8
Best of luck with snapsat i too have had bad reports in the last couple of weeks but if you feel ok with him be wary..
£600 was for invacom quad 2.55m dish fitted with cable to our digiboxes
I think 2.7 for £750 also good price where did you get that quote from?

Big Al

Reaction score
it was off simon m8, he is highly recommened by Zorba, hes a guy in limmasol, and hes from london appraently spoke to him seems a nice fella, and if hes highly recommended by zorba, thats a good thing m8
best regards
Al

frassle

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cyprus
zorba said:
You are free to choose but be careful mate.quite a few"installers" have popped up recently and some have a bad reputation with broken promises,dodgy dishes and no back up when they go wrong.Never met snapsat but the word is they were in cahoots with astrosat,one of those outfits that change their names and phone numbers and addresess every year.Even stories of customers ordering 2.7 and getting 2.5(which were crap anyway,but that was the only way to get rid of them).Some of the good installers don't have to advertise in every paper and leaflet drop all over the place every other week with"special offers",cups of tea and overdoing the "watch eastenders for free" lark,to get work !its by recommendation of their good,honest work by satisfied customers.
They must all work at the same ranch.Cheap is not best,you know.

If you are going to slag off a company then get your facts right. Snapsat don't work with Astrosat, they did work with future for a while but now they are the main importer for the DH dishes.
Snapsat don't buy any 2.5 dishes, I have been in their store and is it littered with old 2.5m Astrosat(Andys telecom) and Simon dishes. (Tells its own story really)
The only installers I would be wary of are the ones that just work from a mobile phone.

farside

Reaction score
mcgovernalarms said:
Best of luck with snapsat i too have had bad reports in the last couple of weeks but if you feel ok with him be wary..
£600 was for invacom quad 2.55m dish fitted with cable to our digiboxes
I think 2.7 for £750 also good price where did you get that quote from?
I'm happy making a living just servicing dishes when other companies have abandoned their customers and so long as Andy and Simon are in business then its enough to keep me going. Havent heard anything bad anout snap hes a british lad been about for 2 years now.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
frassle said:
If you are going to slag off a company then get your facts right. Snapsat don't work with Astrosat(did so), they did work with future for a while but now they are the main importer for the DH dishes.(no,future are)
Snapsat don't buy any 2.5 dishes, I have been in their store and is it littered with old 2.5m Astrosat(Andys telecom) and Simon dishes.(I don't think so.if his dishes were so bad why would you decorate your shop with them,must be a big shop. )
The only installers I would be wary of are the ones that just work from a mobile phone.(why,most of the time he is up on a roof fittind dishes.at least the call is answered)

Anyway ,if mcgovern alarms is happy with his 2.5 from andy atrosat,then tahts okay,if frassle says snapsat a good british lad then thats okay, big Al can make up his own mind.We all happy? :)

DonOne

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Birmingham & Paphos-Cyprus
Gentlemen.

I have used both Andy and SnapSat. I have a holiday home in Paphos and I first used Andy before BBC moved to 2D and had a 1.9m dish with a cheap second hand PAce 2200 Digibox (Cy£650). It all worked OK except for ITV (2D) and Channel 4 was difficult. When BBC moved I had to upgrade the dish to 2.5m and bought a Grundig 3000 from Andy(another Cy£900). Over the next 9 months I had a permanent rquest to have the dish either aligned correctly or removed despite numerous visits (and the dozen or so times when nobody bothered to call) there was no success. In the end I bought a Pace2600 from Ebay and the picture was a lot better, although it still broke up in the summer at approx 10pm :-(

Eventually paid Snatsat for a 2.7m dish (Cy£750) and haven't looked back since. These are not a fly-by-night Company. Anyone who wants to can visit there new TV/Hifi shop just a few doors down from Andy's and Elvicom and see for themselves. http://www.snapelectrical.com/page6.html

Don

Big Al

Reaction score
@ Don One
the £750 you paid m8 was that just for the dish m8, or did it include lnb stand and fitting etc, as the price i had included everythin, still cant make me mind up LOL
who to have do it
best regards
Al

DonOne

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Big Al said:
@ Don One
the £750 you paid m8 was that just for the dish m8, or did it include lnb stand and fitting etc

@Big Al

It was for the full deal, supply, install with new stand and quad invacom 0.3 lnb and new cabling. You can't go wrong :-)

Don

Big Al

Reaction score
@Donone
tried sendin this as a pm m8, but ur stored meesages is full

sorry to bother you, m8
how is the signal m8 do you get full 24hour on bbc itv channel 4 and 5 etc, ive tried ringing john the engineer, to have a chat with him but cant get an answer, im out in paphos on saturday for a month so im lookin at havin it done asap, thanks for the info m8
AL

DonOne

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Big Al

reception is 24/7 no problem in Chloraka

Don