Best box for audio reception

bb1607

Reaction score
Which Satellite receiver would you recommend based on the strength of its audio qualities. I am looking at viewing and listening to output from Astra 23.5 E / 19.2 E & Hot Bird 13 E.
Has anyone any comments on the sound quality of broadcasts either TV or Radio.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've never really noticed a significant difference between the audio output of different receivers, but then again it has never been something which I've considered in detail.:)

tigertimtim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1500 Technomate, 1m Gibertini dish, Smart 0.2 Titanium lnb
My Location
Hull
There is a difference in the sound of diferent recievers, the same as tere is in TV's and Hi-Fi equipment, i got a technomate 1500ci and was very pleased with the sound quality, in hi-fi terms you would call it soft/sweet , the picture quality from the reciever is excellent as well plus it does the patches easily

the_wizzz

Slightly biased Technomate Seller
Reaction score
i've also got a technomate 1500!

superb picture quality and superb sound quality (compared to my old echo 3600 and hummy)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't disagree that there may be a difference, just that I've never compared. :)

Also, there will always be a problem when asking for comparisons, in that most members will probably only have tried one or possibly two receivers, so they can only say whether they feel that the one they have is OK, or they have found one better than another, very few will have a view on more than two and most won't have even considered it.