best cam for spanish tv on hispasat. warning newbie post

ginger

Reaction score
Hows it going there. I am studying spanish and portuguese at college so got myself a wee satellite system for christmas. I have a technomate tm-5500ci and a 90cm dish. At the moment i am receiving the fta channels but i am wanting to get some of the scrambled ones now. Have been looking up the site and evetually understand a bit of the jargon. I think the best move for me would be to buy a nagravision cam, and i saw on one of the pages someone recomending a gold card. Would this be enough to pick up tv cabo and digital plus? I saw somewhere that nagravision was autoupdating, would this mean that i wouldn't need to buy a programmer? Isaw a nagra cam advertised for 139 euros, does this seem like an alright price? Anyway If any one could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
cheers

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
No , Don't buy a nagravision cam, better to get a multi type cam like Dragon or MRev.

Also a gold card will not do, you will need a Tit card or higher, and yes you will a Programmer.

adrianmac

Reaction score
ginger said:
Hows it going there. I am studying spanish and portuguese at college so got myself a wee satellite system for christmas. I have a technomate tm-5500ci and a 90cm dish. At the moment i am receiving the fta channels but i am wanting to get some of the scrambled ones now. Have been looking up the site and evetually understand a bit of the jargon. I think the best move for me would be to buy a nagravision cam, and i saw on one of the pages someone recomending a gold card. Would this be enough to pick up tv cabo and digital plus? I saw somewhere that nagravision was autoupdating, would this mean that i wouldn't need to buy a programmer? Isaw a nagra cam advertised for 139 euros, does this seem like an alright price? Anyway If any one could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
cheers

I get them with mrev programmed through a cas 2 interface using 2.16 version of mat rev and no card

Partybuster

Reaction score
D+ on hispasat is scrambled in nagravision-2 and can't be opened.
Cabo is uses nagravision and is OK (even funcard would still work hehe), but remember that a nagravision cam can be tricky because you will need to know boxkey and ird to pair it with the card. Never buy one without getting these!!!

Buy a matrix/dragon/etc cam. I don't like these cams but I must admit that in your case it would be the best option. A titaniumcard as extra might be helpfull sometimes but not really necessary.

To open D+ you will have to switch to Astra instead of hispasat because the encryption on astra is seca2 and at this moment it's open on most of the hardware.

Gad

Freeradical
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M3 Dual LNB 13E 19.2 E
My Location
Spain
[font=&quot]I’m new to Satellite TV and would like to find out how to make my own CAM cards. [/font][font=&quot]
From what I can see from the Sat sites I require a card writer and blank cards.
I would appreciate any and all help, as I don’t know which card writer is suitable for my needs.

I am from Dublin but live in Spain (Valencia) and have a 80cm dish with dual LNB’s from which I receive Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E.

My receiver is a Datcom Illusion M3 Conax embedded with 1 smart card reader.
At the moment I have software installed (Vectra v3.41 & Multicam V6.0b) and I’m happy with the amount of channels I receive with this set-up.
However I would like to receive some more channels in English (National Geographic/ Discovery Channel/History Channel and 1 or 2 Film channels).

If you could recommend a piece of kit that would allow me to write cards to view these channels I would be grateful.

Gad[/font]

retainedstatue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+, Golden Interstar 8005CI, Dragon 4.1, opos 1.05
My Location
Merseyside, UK
Partybuster said:
D+ on hispasat is scrambled in nagravision-2 and can't be opened.
Cabo is uses nagravision and is OK (even funcard would still work hehe), but remember that a nagravision cam can be tricky because you will need to know boxkey and ird to pair it with the card. Never buy one without getting these!!!

Buy a matrix/dragon/etc cam. I don't like these cams but I must admit that in your case it would be the best option. A titaniumcard as extra might be helpfull sometimes but not really necessary.

To open D+ you will have to switch to Astra instead of hispasat because the encryption on astra is S*ca2 and at this moment it's open on most of the hardware.

You seem to have got the wrong end of the stick here M8. D+ on Hispasat is in Nagra2 and open on dragon/DB and others I think. D+ on astra is still secure and not open on anything.

sonc

Reaction score
retainedstatue said:
You seem to have got the wrong end of the stick here M8. D+ on Hispasat is in Nagra2 and open on dragon/DB and others I think. D+ on astra is still secure and not open on anything.

You are both right!

His post was made in January when today's situation was reversed.

retainedstatue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+, Golden Interstar 8005CI, Dragon 4.1, opos 1.05
My Location
Merseyside, UK
Sorry- that`ll teach me to check the posting dates on the threads.