Best cam

Moschino

Reaction score
Hiya

Just had to ask im about go ahead a purchase a cam for my techimate 5500dapci and was wondering could someone tell me whats the best cam out till yet wether its magic, MR, dragon, ultimate cam or what ever wich has the most cam decrypting facility and so on shed some light on this whole issue would be gratefull thanks guy's

Moschino

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I am in no doubt that as of this time, the Dragon is the best performer, it certainly appears to decrypt the most channels and seems to be more powerful than the competition.

Whether this will be the case in the future is another matter, as it depends on ongoing software support, which cannot always be guaranteed.

Moschino

Reaction score
Thanks rolfw doing an excellent job bud appreciated thanks once again i saw in another thread you mentioning on getting a ultra cam i think wich is not out yet or somit would love to hear from ya about how it all goes cheers

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've got an Ultra as well Moschino, it is now supposed to clear S2 with the new update, but it still needs Titanium cards for anything else.

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
Rolf

I thought u were getting a X-Cam?

What is so special about this X-Cam compared to a Dragon, Matrix RL etc.

Are Zeta cams just a joker?

Speaking of joker - what is a super Joker cam?

Seems to be more cams ATM than u can poke a stick at.

tsd

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Got an X-CAM and Dragon TSD. :D They are about even at the moment on functionality, but the newer dragon software doesn't support cards, whereas the X-CAM/Ultra does.

swapped out the MR, but still also have four Freecams and a Nagra (converted from Aston 1.03)

don't know too much about the Joker and Zeta, never had very much to do with them.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
There's a file around for a the zeta which will decode Full X (1 and 2). I think a blue-ice can be converted via the CAS2 to do the same. You can buy a zeta cam (blue) already programmed with Full X (1 and 2) for about £90. Not sure what else they do. Mind you I believe the Green Ice is finaly on its way.

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
@ Rolf

but the newer dragon software doesn't support cards, whereas the X-CAM/Ultra does.

Do u mean normal common garden variety provider cards?

Not to be out done on the cam count...