VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
UPDATE ...bought the cable wf100, works great and has improved signal slightly :)

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
i used to recomend ct 100 or ct 125 low loss but the other year the price of it went through the roof
the trade price of it started at about £ 40 + vat for a 250 mt drum and with in less than 3 months it went to about £ 130 + vat for a 250 mt drum so changed to wf 100 alott cheeper but but not as good quility as the ct 100 but still good for satellite or any thing with a digital signal

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Excuse me for highjackng this thread, i bought some coax on a boot sale and wondered if it is any good for diseqc, the coding written on the casing is:- H109f ca1 0002 A 12-01 BELDEN VENLO Holland, any info would be greatly appreciated, i bought 50 mtrs and paid 2 pounds 50 pence for it,

a bargain methinks

deep joy

Dave :-rofl2:-rofl2:-rofl2

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes,You got a bargain there mate, assume it has not been crushed at all anywhere as it is semi air spaced cable.

The specification for the cable is fine as its copper on copper with similar electrical spec to wf100.

The H109f can cost £15 for a £50 reel.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Robbo71 said:
Yes,You got a bargain there mate, assume it has not been crushed at all anywhere as it is semi air spaced cable.

The specification for the cable is fine as its copper on copper with similar electrical spec to wf100.

The H109f can cost £15 for a £50 reel.

Thanks m8 a good buy it was then, no crushing either its still on reel

deep joy

Dave:-rofl2:-rofl2

R

Rd100

Wf100 & Wf125 have pvc sheath which isnotgood when it comes to water here is a test get a bowl of water cut a length of webro wf100 say 1m of it them cut a length of say televes pure copper core coper pair rg6 which has polyethylene sheath,

Then put both of them in a bowl of water but keep both the ends of the cables out of the water as this will mess the test up before you start then leave it for say two weeks you can tape the ends of the cable to the outside of the bowl to make sure no on knocks them in the water,

After two weeks time you take the cable out of the water and cut it in half you will fine the webro wf100 pvc sheath has let moisture in and the copper had corroded and if you do the same to the televes polyethylene sheath it will still be like new,

Also wf100 is rg6 its just a type of rg6 the same way as a ford fiesta 1.6 pertol and fiat punto 1.6 petrol are both a type of petrol car, Some basic aerial & satellite installers who have no qualifications in the telecommunications trade will tell you different as it makes them sound good,

There are alot of grades of rg6 from the cheap stuff the sell in b&q to the high end range from televes,

Also when i spoke to our webro rep in the past i asked why are they selling alot of wf100 for use outdoors use when it only has pvc sheath his reply was 90% of installers are dull enuf to buy it for outside use and we do not care as it brings the money in,

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
thanks for this..i may do a test :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m CM, 36v Positioner, DB7020Si.
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
Seeing as this is a reasonable cable discussion, what is the recommended procedure for burying cables?

I was going to use 25mm plastic conduit to run dual sat cable and motor cable along for around 7m or so, dropping it under the ground 1ft at most.

Is there any hard and fast rule for this?

thanks

PJ

R

Rd100

Yes that is the best way to do it and that is the way i do it at home even if i use direct burial cable, i will posts some pics up of it at home and at a transmittter site later on for you

PJ02 said:
Seeing as this is a reasonable cable discussion, what is the recommended procedure for burying cables?

I was going to use 25mm plastic conduit to run dual sat cable and motor cable along for around 7m or so, dropping it under the ground 1ft at most.

thanks

PJ

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
I'll order some conduit from screwfix for the w/e then.
It's anoying having cable run across the grass (all 50m of it)

Rgds

PJ

R

Rd100

Just put it a foot or so down llike you said also fit the glands as they will stop water getingin the conduit,

Also you must have a nice big garden i can not wait to more in a few month time as i will have a big garden again

PJ02 said:
I'll order some conduit from screwfix for the w/e then.
It's anoying having cable run across the grass (all 50m of it)

Rgds

PJ

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
It's not a huge garden but not bad sized considering it's a reasonably new build (1990ish).

The only problem is i haven't got green fingers so it's a mess.

I'll put some pictures up at some point as i'm nearing completion of the install.

Rgds

PJ

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
PJ02 said:

thanks

PJ
try useing plastic hose pipe after all if it keeps water in it also keeps it out and easy to bend around corners

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
PJ02 said:

thanks

PJ

Make sure the conduit is one unbroken run, if water gets in the conduit it will make the problem worse by retaining water around the coax, i know i,ve done it, had to recable my system, i won,t make that mistake again.

deep joy
dave

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
Hose pipe unfortunately won't fit 3 cables down, and the conduit only comes in 3m lengths.

So 25mm plastic conduit with joining pieces and lots of sealant around the joins. My problem is going to be bending the cable thru 90 degrees at both ends to bring the cable from underground.

As i can't get 25mm plastic conduit at screwfix (they only do 20mm) it'll be a trip to a big B&Q. Just have to pinch the old mans estate to fit it in the car.

Rgds

PJ

R

Rd100

try a electrical wholesaler much cheaper than b&q i have also brought some from ebay in the past,
PJ02 said:
Hose pipe unfortunately won't fit 3 cables down, and the conduit only comes in 3m lengths.

So 25mm plastic conduit with joining pieces and lots of sealant around the joins. My problem is going to be bending the cable thru 90 degrees at both ends to bring the cable from underground.

As i can't get 25mm plastic conduit at screwfix (they only do 20mm) it'll be a trip to a big B&Q. Just have to pinch the old mans estate to fit it in the car.

Rgds

PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.